Medicals At HSA???

Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:45 am

GSNR will become famous soon enoughGSNR will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals At HSA???

Hi,

Has anybody had their medicals done in Australia at the HSA, we are going this week and my wife is anxious about stripping down for the doctor!!!
Can anybody shed some light please?

Thanks
Gary
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

lucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medicals At HSA???

I am in Australia and will have medicals next week only. I will be with my wife while the doctor examines her, as she doesn't speak english well.

You can request to stay with her during the examination. I think that can help a bit.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by lucianospec
I am in Australia and will have medicals next week only. I will be with my wife while the doctor examines her, as she doesn't speak english well.

You can request to stay with her during the examination. I think that can help a bit.
Hi,
Thanks, may I ask in which city you are taking the test, we are going to HSA in Brisbane!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

lucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GSNR
Hi,
Thanks, may I ask in which city you are taking the test, we are going to HSA in Brisbane!
Hi,

I am based in Sydney. I have an appointment to next Monday..
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

tree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I had my medical done in Melbourne nearly 4 weeks ago - I had to get down to my bra and knickers and then she did a load of weird check like bending knees and stuff - very important I'm sure - but it was fine... it was a lady doctor anyways and she just did all the normal sorts of checks - heart, blood pressure etc... Didn't have a breast check or anything like that.

I had a print out of all my medical notes from my Doctor in the UK which the doctor as the HSA really appreciated. I only did that because I've been having some treatments before coming over here.

There are so many people there its like one continuous chain of people...
Fear not - it's all fine!

Oh although the one big pain is that it was 4 weeks ago on Wednesday and I STILL don't have my results back!!! Arghhh - they said it would take between 2 - 4 weeks...

Happy meds!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by lucianospec
Hi,

I am based in Sydney. I have an appointment to next Monday..
Hi

Thanks for you help, I just phoned HSA and they have said we can go in together as a family. You have made my wife's day, thanks very much!!!
Our appointment is Friday.

Good luck to you for Monday!!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by tree
Hi

I had my medical done in Melbourne nearly 4 weeks ago - I had to get down to my bra and knickers and then she did a load of weird check like bending knees and stuff - very important I'm sure - but it was fine... it was a lady doctor anyways and she just did all the normal sorts of checks - heart, blood pressure etc... Didn't have a breast check or anything like that.

I had a print out of all my medical notes from my Doctor in the UK which the doctor as the HSA really appreciated. I only did that because I've been having some treatments before coming over here.

There are so many people there its like one continuous chain of people...
Fear not - it's all fine!

Oh although the one big pain is that it was 4 weeks ago on Wednesday and I STILL don't have my results back!!! Arghhh - they said it would take between 2 - 4 weeks...

Happy meds!
Thanks Tree,
Going down to underwear isn't too bad I guess, as long as that's all!
Hope you get your results soon!!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi

We had medicals done at HSA in Brisbane last August. We ll went to the offices a week before and had blood tests and went and had X rays at the hospital they recommend which is further up the street. A week later we returned for our medicals. We had to provide a urine test, an eye test was performed and we were weighted and heighted. For the examination we had to strip down to underwear on top half and chest was examined, abdomen felt and questions asked. When we got off the couch we were all asked to touch our toes as this sees how flexible you are. The doctor sat down with us and went through X ray results which had come back from he hospital and blood results. We were able to take our medicals away with us in a sealed envelope to take to our agents and we were also given our x rays to take away and keep for three years.

It wasnt too bad and we have just been granted our 136MODL visas after lodging application in September.

Good luck. It will be fine.

Janet x
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hi

We had medicals done at HSA in Brisbane last August. We ll went to the offices a week before and had blood tests and went and had X rays at the hospital they recommend which is further up the street. A week later we returned for our medicals. We had to provide a urine test, an eye test was performed and we were weighted and heighted. For the examination we had to strip down to underwear on top half and chest was examined, abdomen felt and questions asked. When we got off the couch we were all asked to touch our toes as this sees how flexible you are. The doctor sat down with us and went through X ray results which had come back from he hospital and blood results. We were able to take our medicals away with us in a sealed envelope to take to our agents and we were also given our x rays to take away and keep for three years.

It wasnt too bad and we have just been granted our 136MODL visas after lodging application in September.

Good luck. It will be fine.

Janet x
Hi Janet,

Thanks, what do you mean by the chest was examined, was it a breast examination or did he just listen to your chest?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

It was just a general listen to the chest. No breast examination was performed. As I recall he asked me if I regularly examine my breasts and when I said i did he did not do anything further.

Dont worry about the medical. It is less than you think it is and it is over very quick considering it is essential to undertake to allow you to get in the country. If you do have any medical complaint it is best to tell them as it is not worth lying and something comes up when you are in Australia.

Good luck with the medicals.

Janet
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
It was just a general listen to the chest. No breast examination was performed. As I recall he asked me if I regularly examine my breasts and when I said i did he did not do anything further.

Dont worry about the medical. It is less than you think it is and it is over very quick considering it is essential to undertake to allow you to get in the country. If you do have any medical complaint it is best to tell them as it is not worth lying and something comes up when you are in Australia.

Good luck with the medicals.

Janet
Thanks Janet, None of us have any medical complaints, so everything should be fine. We will be glad when it's over. Thanks for all your info, we appreciate it.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for you help, I just phoned HSA and they have said we can go in together as a family. You have made my wife's day, thanks very much!!!
Our appointment is Friday.

Good luck to you for Monday!!!
Hi,

After medicals done, have an idea how much time to get any information from DIAC? In Sydney, takes approx. 10 working days to the medicals get there... After that, a few days more to CO check the full process...

Have you got any information yet?

Luciano.

Last edited by lucianospec; Mar 12th 2007 at 3:29 am. Reason: spelling error.
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Does anyone know how long does it takes HSA to send meds to Adelaide.. or maybe meds are sent to Sydney..

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by olauf
Does anyone know how long does it takes HSA to send meds to Adelaide.. or maybe meds are sent to Sydney..

Hi,

You are able to send the Meds yourself to DIAC, as long as you do not tamper with the seal of the envelope. We couriered ours to DIAC and they had them the very next day!!! But remember you can only have them sent directly to DIAC if your meds are done here in Australia, otherewise leave the meds with the doctor and they must send them to LCU which is in Sydney!!!

Cheers
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Hi,

You are able to send the Meds yourself to DIAC, as long as you do not tamper with the seal of the envelope. We couriered ours to DIAC and they had them the very next day!!! But remember you can only have them sent directly to DIAC if your meds are done here in Australia, otherewise leave the meds with the doctor and they must send them to LCU which is in Sydney!!!

Cheers

Hi
My son did his meds in Perth HSA last week and he was told they would send the results directly to diac but he forgot to ask where they would send (Sydney or Adelaide) and when ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.