medicals due to expire

Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:32 am
Just Joined

b-longa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals due to expire

Hi im new to posting on here but have been reading your posts some time and have took on board lots of tips. Our medicals are due to expire beginning of sept and we havent heard anything yet any one else been in this situation please help.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:36 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals due to expire

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including...... can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by b-longa
Hi im new to posting on here but have been reading your posts some time and have took on board lots of tips. Our medicals are due to expire beginning of sept and we havent heard anything yet any one else been in this situation please help.
All that will happen is that you may (probably) have to redo your meds. Don't worry too much, these things happen, not a problem, just an expense.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you were asked to provide them by your CO then the application has been stalled they sometimes allow an extension.

If you frontloaded without being asked then you will most likely have to do them again - I would wait to be asked though.

Don't worry it shouldn't affect your application.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

b-longa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks yes we wre asked for them, visa's have been lodged for a while now hence the medicals been nearly out of date, do you know how long they can extend the medicals for.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks yes we wre asked for them, visa's have been lodged for a while now hence the medicals been nearly out of date, do you know how long they can extend the medicals for.
They might extend them for six months if the delay was with them. It is quite unusual to be waiting for six months after you have been asked to provide medicals, do you know why this is so?

Were you definitely asked to do them? Sometimes people see their status and think they have to do them and sometimes people's agents tell them to do them but there was not actually a letter from CO.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mustafa_jaleel is an unknown quantity at this point

See my signature, hope that satisfies you a bit
I am in the same boat as well ...
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:31 pm
Banned

Bubblymus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
They might extend them for six months if the delay was with them. It is quite unusual to be waiting for six months after you have been asked to provide medicals, do you know why this is so?

Were you definitely asked to do them? Sometimes people see their status and think they have to do them and sometimes people's agents tell them to do them but there was not actually a letter from CO.
Apparently, in late 2009, DIAC decided that where the case officer had requested medicals, their validity could be extended for six months on top of the standard 12 months - it was agreed that where the applicants were relatively young and healthy, there seemed little likelihood of a different result over the next six months. It appears that this was done via a series of internal emails so very few people outside DIAC know about it and was for those who appear to have been messed about after providing the medicals. I guess if you are waiting for more than 6 months after the request for medicals, it must relate to ASIO security checks from HR countries.

I would provide specific references from other forums, but I don't know if we are allowed to post such links. If you do manage to invoke the extra 6 months, please post it on here as I daresay it might apply to many.

Last edited by Bubblymus; Aug 23rd 2010 at 4:35 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bubblymus
Apparently, in late 2009, DIAC decided that where the case officer had requested medicals, their validity could be extended for six months on top of the standard 12 months - it was agreed that where the applicants were relatively young and healthy, there seemed little likelihood of a different result over the next six months. It appears that this was done via a series of internal emails so very few people outside DIAC know about it and was for those who appear to have been messed about after providing the medicals. I guess if you are waiting for more than 6 months after the request for medicals, it must relate to ASIO security checks from HR countries.

I would provide specific references from other forums, but I don't know if we are allowed to post such links. If you do manage to invoke the extra 6 months, please post it on here as I daresay it might apply to many.
We have seen a few people on here reporting meds and pccs extended. It is down to the Case Officer, and I guess the reasons you mention would all have a lot to do with it. One of those things which is a real case-by-case decision I guess.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was very well known that where they stopped and restarted processing the old Cat 5 applications after September 09 changes the medicals were extended by 6 months. However not clear if OP falls into this space or not.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Aug 23rd 2010 at 6:17 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:09 pm
Banned

I thought it was very well known that where they stopped and restarted processing the old Cat 5 applications after September 09 changes the medicals were extended by 6 months. However not clear if OP falls into this space or not.
Again, only those who were affected would have known - I guess they don't want to make it a blanket policy across the board for those with significant medical conditions whose results might change over a short period. It certainly wouldn't have hurt DIAC to made some sort of caveated public announcement in this regard. More than anything else, I think most people are terrified of having an HIV test, let alone more than once and if they were rather more well-informed as to the risks from X-Rays, they'd be even more concerned.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Again, only those who were affected would have known - I guess they don't want to make it a blanket policy across the board for those with significant medical conditions whose results might change over a short period. It certainly wouldn't have hurt DIAC to made some sort of caveated public announcement in this regard. More than anything else, I think most people are terrified of having an HIV test, let alone more than once and if they were rather more well-informed as to the risks from X-Rays, they'd be even more concerned.

What are you talking about now? Don't get your HIV, Xray comments.

If you are still talking about extending the medicals for six months for decision ready Cat 5 applicants, well I wasn't affected and I knew. It was common knowledge on the forums.

It is impossible to say if this is the OPs situation though as they have not provided us with any background.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:42 pm
Banned

What are you talking about now? Don't get your HIV, Xray comments.

If you are still talking about extending the medicals for six months for decision ready Cat 5 applicants, well I wasn't affected and I knew. It was common knowledge on the forums.

It is impossible to say if this is the OPs situation though as they have not provided us with any background.
You do come across as very aggressive, insecure and defensive. I would have thought the HIV/X-Ray comments would have made perfect sense to anyone who has read about false positives and dangers of radiation exposure on the internet, but it seems that is wasted on you - in fact, the guidelines to the panel doctors tells them to warn applicants about this.

I wasn't talking about Cat 5, I was talking generally, but if it makes you feel special then I am glad for you - there are a number of people with time-consuming security checks to whom this might apply, regardless of where they are in the priority listing. I was referring to the fact that the "extra six months" appears to apply to any relatively healthy applicant who had medicals requested by their case officer, not just those in "Cat 5" as you seem to harp on about ad nausem. I suggest you ditch the arrogant, officious and dismissive tone, it doesn't help anyone.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

beans is an unknown quantity at this point

here here bubblymus thought it was just me
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You do come across as very aggressive, insecure and defensive. I would have thought the HIV/X-Ray comments would have made perfect sense to anyone who has read about false positives and dangers of radiation exposure on the internet, but it seems that is wasted on you - in fact, the guidelines to the panel doctors tells them to warn applicants about this.

I wasn't talking about Cat 5, I was talking generally, but if it makes you feel special then I am glad for you - there are a number of people with time-consuming security checks to whom this might apply, regardless of where they are in the priority listing. I was referring to the fact that the "extra six months" appears to apply to any relatively healthy applicant who had medicals requested by their case officer, not just those in "Cat 5" as you seem to harp on about ad nausem. I suggest you ditch the arrogant, officious and dismissive tone, it doesn't help anyone.
As you are a new poster you may not be aware of the rules of the site. They are here. Please pay particular attention to rule 1 which states:

please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.