Medicals - Doctor contacted?

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals - Doctor contacted?

Originally Posted by joantobin
HI
Its me againe its not me but hubby iv been worried about hes on tablets for bp but he has a letter from doc to say that its under control , Hes also been and had heart tests no problems there and hes on a diet . he put 3 stone on when he stopped smoking [cant win ] . any way good luck with meds .His bmi is 38

Joan
To be honest I would'nt worry to much. The fact that his condition is clearly under control and his Dr confirms this all goes in his favour. Current TB remains the only absolute refusal condition. His BMI is really not prohibitively high. Over 40 and the problem becomes greater (as I well know). If he is otherwise in good health, has no major issues and what he does have are controlled then he should not be assessed as being a liability in his first 5 years (or cost $20,000 in treatment). He will probably be rated a B, and maybe asked for some additional tests for related conditions but there again lots are and still get their Visa. It seems to be very rare for applicants to be refused a visa on "lifestyle" related medical problems.

Best of luck
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rabc
To be honest I would'nt worry to much. The fact that his condition is clearly under control and his Dr confirms this all goes in his favour. Current TB remains the only absolute refusal condition. His BMI is really not prohibitively high. Over 40 and the problem becomes greater (as I well know). If he is otherwise in good health, has no major issues and what he does have are controlled then he should not be assessed as being a liability in his first 5 years (or cost $20,000 in treatment). He will probably be rated a B, and maybe asked for some additional tests for related conditions but there again lots are and still get their Visa. It seems to be very rare for applicants to be refused a visa on "lifestyle" related medical problems.

Best of luck
Hi
thanks for that i think im worrying over nothing good luck with yours

Joan
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rabc

Best of luck
Hi Rob

Just wanted to wish you luck with your meds tomorrow

Joan