Wikiposts

Medicals - costs

Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medicals - costs

will be cancelling my appointment as ive got high blood pressure at the moment anyone any ideas on how to get it down in 2 weeks! ive started swimming a mile a day 5 days a week to loose weight but my BP was at 160/104 this morning at the doctors
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:18 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
will be cancelling my appointment as ive got high blood pressure at the moment anyone any ideas on how to get it down in 2 weeks! ive started swimming a mile a day 5 days a week to loose weight but my BP was at 160/104 this morning at the doctors
Hi

When I went for our Medicals my BP was similar to yours 160/100 we had had a horrific journey there weather /traffic/ 2 young kids in back car fighting for 3/4 hr journey. Was meeting 18 year old there she called to say couldnt make it bad hangover!!! I wasnt impressed however went to uni flat forced her to go arrived late couldnt get into health centre carpark barrier down hubby going crazy....... nurse took my B/P WAY too high 18year old was with me in room kept telling me to chill out.... which made me madder. However nurse was sooo good left me for 1/2 hour to try to chill took it again and was Much better. So before you go for your Medical leave loads of time, know where your going and blackmail the kids first (if you have any) And dont trust a 18year old Student to meet you there....

All the best Anne
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi

When I went for our Medicals my BP was similar to yours 160/100 we had had a horrific journey there weather /traffic/ 2 young kids in back car fighting for 3/4 hr journey. Was meeting 18 year old there she called to say couldnt make it bad hangover!!! I wasnt impressed however went to uni flat forced her to go arrived late couldnt get into health centre carpark barrier down hubby going crazy....... nurse took my B/P WAY too high 18year old was with me in room kept telling me to chill out.... which made me madder. However nurse was sooo good left me for 1/2 hour to try to chill took it again and was Much better. So before you go for your Medical leave loads of time, know where your going and blackmail the kids first (if you have any) And dont trust a 18year old Student to meet you there....

All the best Anne
How can they possibly expect your blood pressure to be ok, when your life depends on the application. We definately need a special chill pill for medical day
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi

All the best Anne
Thanks Anne for the vote of support, but my BP was like this with just my normal stress knowing it made no difference as it wasn't for the medical, god knows what it will be at on the day

What was your final BP on your form, did you hit the 140/90 mark? im gonna carry on swimming for a couple of months and see if i can get it down, i need to loose more weight as well

Robert
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:32 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Hi Robert

Not 100% sure nurse just said "perfect nothing to worry about" that was good enough for me.
Anne
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Thanks Anne for the vote of support, but my BP was like this with just my normal stress knowing it made no difference as it wasn't for the medical, god knows what it will be at on the day

What was your final BP on your form, did you hit the 140/90 mark? im gonna carry on swimming for a couple of months and see if i can get it down, i need to loose more weight as well

Robert
We have our meds booked in two week's time. We're paying £86 each adult for chest x/rays at our local Bupa hospital. £150 each for adult meds/ £80 each for the kids. £40 each for me and my OH for Hepatitis blood test as we have tattoo's...
I'm worried about my BMI and my OH is also worried about his BP. His is constantly over 140/90 - and last year our GP did refer him for a 24hour monitor which came back borderline then. Our GP didnt prescribe any BP medication, however my OH has booked an appointment to see him next week - he's going to ask if he can be prescribed medication - or if the doctor refuses for him to provide a letter saying that in his professional opinion my OH doesn't yet warrant any treatment for his BP, then we'll take that to the medical with us. I believe his must be hereditary as he's otherwise healthy and not overweight.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:10 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Preston Lancashire.
x-ray x3 total £180
meds 3 adults 2 kids £650
inclouding My husband having to have extra blood tests due to being covered in ink!! can't remember the break down in cost but the kids were £50 each
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bushpig
Preston Lancashire.
x-ray x3 total £180
meds 3 adults 2 kids £650
inclouding My husband having to have extra blood tests due to being covered in ink!! can't remember the break down in cost but the kids were £50 each
Do you have to have the blood tests for tattoos no matter how long you have had them?
As in I had them 16 years ago and have had 2 healthy kids since (which would have shown any blood issues during ante-natal)
Niz
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nizcac
Do you have to have the blood tests for tattoos no matter how long you have had them?
As in I had them 16 years ago and have had 2 healthy kids since (which would have shown any blood issues during ante-natal)
Niz
yep, if that doc sees a tatoo they will (and have to) do all the extra tests (and make more money from you)
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice
Smile Re: Medicals - costs

HIya robert,

just a quick question, as you only submitted your application in feb, why the rush for the medical? you seem to be putting alot of unecessary pressure on your self...............which won't help the bp, and if you are like me pressure = food! Obviuosly tou may have a good reason for doingthem quickly, but if not, why not leave it a month or so.....as your weight drops so should you bp.....keep up with the good work on the swimming and stuff........loux
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:10 am
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future

Ive just spoken to BUPA and been quoted

£75 per xray
£100 for a child consultation
£150 for an adult consultation
£74 for an HIV test
£88 for each Hepatitus test if required!

for the 3 of us thats £787 without any hepatitus tests.

What did everyone else pay? any recommendations have car will travel!

We are getting ours done in Huddersfield on the 7th of March. I think its the Linden Practice for the medicals and the royal infirmary for the xrays. (sorry the paper work is in work)

I think its 100 for adults and 50 for the xrays.
kids are 75.

Dont know about the HIV tests but Hepatitis is an extra 35.

Not 100% on my figures but i know it is less than 500 for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loubylou1
HIya robert,

just a quick question, as you only submitted your application in feb, why the rush for the medical? you seem to be putting alot of unecessary pressure on your self...............which won't help the bp, and if you are like me pressure = food! Obviuosly tou may have a good reason for doingthem quickly, but if not, why not leave it a month or so.....as your weight drops so should you bp.....keep up with the good work on the swimming and stuff........loux

In december my wife was offered a 457 as she is a hairdresser (not recently practiced so no MODL) but qualified so gets a 457, however the day after we decided to take the job offer we found out she was pregnant (we had been trying for 10 years for another child) which we were overjoyed about, but if your are pregnant then you are not allowed to do the chest xray and therefore can't complete the medical until after the baby is born.

We lost the baby this time but are still trying and don't want any delays should my wife get caught again so we were front loading our meds this time, i was doing mine with the family so we could be just that a family as i work away all week at the moment and miss time with my wife and our daughter, im still going to drive the 4 hours each way and go to their medical on the 7th march but going to wait now for mine till my BP is down a bit.

Robert
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:11 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

yep, if that doc sees a tatoo they will (and have to) do all the extra tests (and make more money from you)
I have a small tattoo on my arm which he didn't bother about, it's just my husbands covered.
Jo
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:20 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by showdan
I priced up all medicals within approx 100 miles of Scunthorpe (not too far from Beverley) and Hull came out the dearest by a long long way! by the sound of your quote that's where you priced up. Huddersfield & Sheffield came out the cheapest and if its for 2 Adults & 1 child, I would expect it to be less than £500 from either Huddersfield or Sheffield and thats for everything.
You from Scunny showdan? me too ...ill bookmark this page for future reference ta. x
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Racht70
You from Scunny showdan? me too ...ill bookmark this page for future reference ta. x
Yes Racht, lived in Scunny all my life - I must have been a bad person in my previous life!!!

showdan

Last edited by showdan; Feb 26th 2007 at 12:00 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.