Medicals - costs

Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Angry Medicals - costs

Ive just spoken to BUPA and been quoted

£75 per xray
£100 for a child consultation
£150 for an adult consultation
£74 for an HIV test
£88 for each Hepatitus test if required!

for the 3 of us thats £787 without any hepatitus tests.

What did everyone else pay? any recommendations have car will travel!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:53 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals - costs

Hi

We paid £180 per adult for xray/bloods/urine/consultation
for the kids aged 8 and 10 (at the time) £80 no bloods or xray required...BUT our CO came back and requested a chest xray for 10 year old as she was turning 11 this cost £65.( Over 11 need chest xray )
These were all sent by Dr. recorded delivery which was included in price however because I wanted the CO to get 10year olds xray there quick I paid £45 for a courier.
Hope this helps
It was hassle free Dr. was great all done in one day for all 5 of us only hitch was xray for 10 yr old

Anne
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi

We paid £180 per adult for xray/bloods/urine/consultation
for the kids aged 8 and 10 (at the time) £80 no bloods or xray required...BUT our CO came back and requested a chest xray for 10 year old as she was turning 11 this cost £65.( Over 11 need chest xray )
These were all sent by Dr. recorded delivery which was included in price however because I wanted the CO to get 10year olds xray there quick I paid £45 for a courier.
Hope this helps
It was hassle free Dr. was great all done in one day for all 5 of us only hitch was xray for 10 yr old

Anne
Hiya

We had our meds done last week - we are
2 adults
3 kids
10,14 & 15

Our 10 year old had chest x-ray too because she's turning 11 next month

we had 3 adluts meds - including HIV etc (over 15's have to have HIV test!)
2 child meds
5 chest x-rays
Total cost = £1,195.00

Thanks goodness we will get it all back in Sept!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

ok booked the meds for 7th march but really having nightmares about this now after seeing form 26 hope its not as bad as it seems, have 2 weeks to loose as much weight as possible i guess!

Robert
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
ok booked the meds for 7th march but really having nightmares about this now after seeing form 26 hope its not as bad as it seems, have 2 weeks to loose as much weight as possible i guess!

Robert
2 adults and 2 kids = £545
Just as long as your bmi isn't over 40 - shouldn't be a problem(although there's lots of guys on here,whose bmi was over that and still got tick box A)
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

kevscotoz is an unknown quantity at this point

£75 per xray
£74 for an HIV test

Went 4 medicals 2day all fine just waiting 4 blood results now. Cost £94 for 2 adult Xrays, £150 each 4 medicals & £35 each 4 blood test & £10 P&P.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice

£75 per xray
£74 for an HIV test

I priced up all medicals within approx 100 miles of Scunthorpe (not too far from Beverley) and Hull came out the dearest by a long long way! by the sound of your quote that's where you priced up. Huddersfield & Sheffield came out the cheapest and if its for 2 Adults & 1 child, I would expect it to be less than £500 from either Huddersfield or Sheffield and thats for everything.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Are you guys going via an agent or independantly?
I was quoted £180 for each adult and £80 for each child with visa-go agents this includes everything bloods/xray/etc.
Niz
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

We paid £300 for a family of two adults and two children, which included everything including sending to Sydney. £75 each for our medicals.

Bobby
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
We paid £300 for a family of two adults and two children, which included everything including sending to Sydney. £75 each for our medicals.

Bobby
Hi Bobby did you get it done in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
Cheers Andy
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

mcsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
Hiya

We had our meds done last week - we are
2 adults
3 kids
10,14 & 15

Our 10 year old had chest x-ray too because she's turning 11 next month

we had 3 adluts meds - including HIV etc (over 15's have to have HIV test!)
2 child meds
5 chest x-rays
Total cost = £1,195.00

hi nev - angie
Just a question what do you mean when you say get it back in sept
cheers Mark
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
Hi Bobby did you get it done in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
Cheers Andy
We used a Dr Smart from Bonnyrigg.

I made typo on my post it should have said £75 for X-Rays

Bobby
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:57 am
Just Joined

CASPER99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
Total cost = £1,195.00

Can I ask how do you get the money back for your medicals? I thought once you had paid them that was that? Or have I missed something?

Casper
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:00 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

I started a thread not so long ago.. check this one out..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424875

Hope it helps..
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mcsou
hi nev - angie
Just a question what do you mean when you say get it back in sept
cheers Mark
Hiya

We are going over on a Labour Agreement - My Hubby is joining the Royal Aussie Navy and they pay for everything. We have to pay for the up-front costs etc, but we're keeping an expense summary and they asked us to submit a claim once we arrive.

We pay up front for meds - Visa Application - X-rays - Police checks and all supporting stuff - once we arrive they reimburse.

They pay for the flights and removals at source.

Angie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.