Medicals!

Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:31 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough
Red face Medicals!

Hi
We are sending our visa application off this week - hurrah! (Skilled independent) I want to get our medicals done in next few weeks so they are ready when the DIMIA request them (hopefully in a few weeks too!). One of the medical centres I rang said I could get the forms off the internet but I can't find them on the DIMIA website????

How do I get the forms????
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals!

Originally Posted by cagandchris
Hi
We are sending our visa application off this week - hurrah! (Skilled independent) I want to get our medicals done in next few weeks so they are ready when the DIMIA request them (hopefully in a few weeks too!). One of the medical centres I rang said I could get the forms off the internet but I can't find them on the DIMIA website????

Lifted from http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...medicals+email

Look on the dimia website. You e-mail them and they'll send you the forms you need. The details are all there
E-mail: [email protected]

The following information should be provided:

name
postal address
the visa type you are applying for
the number of applicants included in the application
the age of each applicant included in the application.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:36 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Hi

You have to email them at this address say how many adults and how many children (including their ages)

[email protected]

Sasha
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:45 pm
Loving life in Brissie

Thanks you two - I'll do it now!

I did try and do a search on the forum as I knew it would have been asked before - however our internet connection is sooooooooo slow at work that it just times out before the search is complete!!!

Thanks!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you two - I'll do it now!

I did try and do a search on the forum as I knew it would have been asked before - however our internet connection is sooooooooo slow at work that it just times out before the search is complete!!!

Thanks!
I must admit that it's brilliant having a superfast connection. It makes a huge difference.

Thought about moving jobs to one with a good internet connection?
Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahoy there

Just a FYI: they cant put them up on the net because they have this special feature - the forms can be folded within themselves and sealed with a sticky flap and the doctor has to stamp the seal so information cant be "tampered" (some doctors give it back to you, others send it on the embassy)..... They were pretty quick sending our forms out to us in the UK - took a week from email to doorstep!
Good Luck
Old Sep 7th 2004, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jasper pentop
Ahoy there

Just a FYI: they cant put them up on the net because they have this special feature - the forms can be folded within themselves and sealed with a sticky flap and the doctor has to stamp the seal so information cant be "tampered" (some doctors give it back to you, others send it on the embassy)..... They were pretty quick sending our forms out to us in the UK - took a week from email to doorstep!
Good Luck
Which is a long time as it states it should take three working days.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:01 pm
Loving life in Brissie

Originally Posted by marco121068
I must admit that it's brilliant having a superfast connection. It makes a huge difference.

Thought about moving jobs to one with a good internet connection?
lol! will ensure that any job I take in Oz can promise me a fast connection before accepting!

we have broadband at home so that's good but makes the work internet seem even worse!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by jasper pentop
Ahoy there

Good Luck

Heya - I think they are on the net, but its for a particular visa which is submitted onshore only. Dont know how that changes things re. the 'flaps', just what I heard on here
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:38 pm
Loving life in Brissie

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Heya - I think they are on the net, but its for a particular visa which is submitted onshore only. Dont know how that changes things re. the 'flaps', just what I heard on here
I have found some on the DIMIA web site but as you say they are only to be used if you are applying when already in Australia!

I have requested the others be posted to me
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:38 pm
Loving life in Brissie

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I have found some on the DIMIA web site but as you say they are only to be used if you are applying when already in Australia!

I have requested the others be posted to me...does anyone know how long this takes because I want to book the medical
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:21 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I have requested the others be posted to me...does anyone know how long this takes because I want to book the medical

Usually about 3-5 days, not long at all