Medicals

Old Jul 27th 2004, 5:48 am
Just Joined

karlyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals

Hi folks,

Application in to Adelaide 16.7.04,(Fiona at front desk)

card debited 21.7.04,

Going to ring round today for prices, appt dates for meds in the North West
Anyone out there who has just had meds done in the Manchester,Lancs,West Yorks,or Liverpool areas .

Experiences,prices etc would be appreciated

Tried searching for recent threads but to no avail

We are willing to travel if it saves a bob or two and is quick.

many thanks
karlyb
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medicals

Hi there,
i am booked to have my medical and x-ray done in manchester city centre next wednesday (august 4th) i will let u know how it all goes.

costs that i know of so far

medical £80
xray £37
courier £10
blood test £16
hep B £17

we managed to get an appointment quickly, had to delay until next week as we are away from this thurs to next wednesday, otherwise we could have got in for this thursday, but on a short break so delayed
will post on this forum when medical done
cheers

Originally posted by karlyb
Hi folks,

card debited 21.7.04,

Anyone out there who has just had meds done in the Manchester,Lancs,West Yorks,or Liverpool areas .

many thanks
karlyb
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:01 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by threlly
Hi there,
i am booked to have my medical and x-ray done in manchester city centre next wednesday (august 4th) i will let u know how it all goes.

costs that i know of so far

medical £80
xray £37
courier £10
blood test £16
hep B £17

we managed to get an appointment quickly, had to delay until next week as we are away from this thurs to next wednesday, otherwise we could have got in for this thursday, but on a short break so delayed
will post on this forum when medical done
cheers

I had mine done there, with Dr Million. If I wasnt at an internet cafe in Bangkok and paying Baht/minute, I'd tell you a lot more But I've posted about it a lot, so you could do a search. Basically though, it was fine. He wouldnt give you the forms though, these went straight to DIMIA, there was no problem with this.

Cheers
Michelle
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:19 pm
Post-July guinea pig

CRAZYboutOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the que KarlyB and good luck with your meds.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

John & Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karlyb
Hi folks,

card debited 21.7.04,

many thanks
karlyb
Hi,

We had our meds done on 16th July with Dr Million, really funny guy. If your anyways nervous he will put you at ease or at least make you laugh!
Nothing to worry about, you just show up do a urine sample, you take it up to the doc, he checks sugar levels . Once that is done he goes through your form and discusses anything that you have put down. You then get undressed (to underwear) where he does your reflexes, takes your BP and thats about it. Oh yes, he also does your height and weight. If anyone is asthmatic you also have to do a peak flow. It then a case of going downstairs to the radiologist to take a chest xray. All done in under an hour. He tells you unless there is something wrong with chest xray or bloods you won't hear from him again and he will send them onto Adelaide. We are frontloading so did not have a ref number for app, but he assures you that loads of people front load and there won't be a problem, so just hoping they get there now.
Hope it goes ok