Medical - When am I not a smoker?

Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Trickster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical - When am I not a smoker?

I guess that on the medical, you are asked if you are a smoker. I gave up just over 3 months ago, and am pretty sure I will not be taking it up again.

What questions do they ask about smoking or smoking history?

Last edited by Trickster; Feb 21st 2007 at 10:07 am. Reason: Edited for typo
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical - When am I not a smoker?

Originally Posted by Trickster
I guess that on the medical, you are asked if you are a smoker. I gave up just over 3 months again, and am pretty sure I will not be taking it up again.

TBH, they didn't delve to far. I was just asked how many I smoked a day and that was it.

I know that in Oz you are classed as a non smoker after 12 months for life insurance.

Don't worry about it, and well done for being able to stop
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:25 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
TBH, they didn't delve to far. I was just asked how many I smoked a day and that was it.

I know that in Oz you are classed as a non smoker after 12 months for life insurance.

Don't worry about it, and well done for being able to stop
They just ask you if you have ever smoked and I was asked how long ago I quit smoking and how many cigarettes I used to smoke (with me that's over 10 years ago).
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that on the medical, you are asked if you are a smoker. I gave up just over 3 months ago, and am pretty sure I will not be taking it up again.

Hi trickster -well done for kicking the habit
I stopped 6 weeks ago for the same reason - i wanted to be able to tick the non smoker box then i read the medical form and it asked if you smoke or have ever smoked LOL - still its gotta look good that we stopped hey and most def have no intentions of ever starting again
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:05 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
I stopped 6 weeks ago for the same reason - i wanted to be able to tick the non smoker box then i read the medical form and it asked if you smoke or have ever smoked LOL - still its gotta look good that we stopped hey and most def have no intentions of ever starting again

4 years for me well pleased and impressed 4 kids at home OMG

Well done to all of you who have quit the habit.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Tis amazing what the worries of a visa medical can make you do hey?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
same here I gave up smoking 5 months ago and have no intentions to ever go back to being a smoker my only worry now is I Just hope I dont break the scales
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

nearly but yet so far, Been out tonight with kids and there football team everyone YES every smoked must say it did smell good but NO I did not have not a puff and it felt good it can be done it will be done is the chippy still open
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

As other posters have said, the question asks whether you smoke or have EVER smoked so you tick yes.
The panel doctor may then ask further questions about it.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:19 am
Just Joined

TonyR is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep I had exactly the same today with my health check so I asked the quack. he just asked me when I had my last fag........ Been 8 months for me now but as someone has already said I dare not go near the scales, and I am hooked on the nicobate lozengers............ Gotta try to ween myself off of those things now.

TonyR
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TonyR
Yep I had exactly the same today with my health check so I asked the quack. he just asked me when I had my last fag........ Been 8 months for me now but as someone has already said I dare not go near the scales, and I am hooked on the nicobate lozengers............ Gotta try to ween myself off of those things now.

TonyR
I was never even asked about ciggies or alcohol consumption!! Been off the fags for over a year now!! Keep it up all you who have stopped!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hows everyone doing? im nearly 8 weeks now and have to say i feel bladdy marveeelous (can we have a smilie with a halo please?)
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

It will be 4 months next week. Wow! I used to smoke 20 a day (best part of 18 years).

First 'serious' attempt. I have always done it half-hearted before.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

how have you found it trickster? i have given up before but never made it past 4 weeks. Australia is spurring me on this time i have only ever really smoked 10 a day but for pretty much 25 years!! (yes i DID start young - im only 21 )
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Well, where to begin???

Firstly, I always knew I had to give up (asthmatic). I know, I Know!!!

Mother-in-law would always nag me, which was right, but it made me more defiant.

I wanted to give up, but enjoyed it too much. First son was born, promised I would give up, 2 years later second son was born, promised again.

Kept it up until second son was 4, then wife had a nag. First ever time she had and she used to be a part time social smoker.

Threw my baccy in the bin. Deep down, I knew it was time.

1st day OK, so was second, third day was hard. Then I celebrated a week. Slipped once when drunk and had a cigar. But when I was at 8 weeks, I knew I could do it. Then each week and now each month is a celebration.

Tried a cigar at weekend as it was a special occassion, but put it out after 2 puffs as I felt sick. Won't have another one!!! I knew at that point I had got over the worst.

For me it was 30% addiction 70% habit.

get the odd craving, but, trust me, they pass.

Last edited by Trickster; Feb 28th 2007 at 10:54 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.