Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Medical referring processing times at HOC in Oz

Medical referring processing times at HOC in Oz

Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

matt007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical referring processing times at HOC in Oz

Hello All

My meds have been referred to HOC (Health Office of the Commonwealth) in Oz for mild depression last year. Doctors letter supplied explaining circumtances, stress of my course of study and exams.

Have been told meds were referred from DIAC on the 28th Jan 09 and they take 10 working days to reach the HOC and a further 4 days to be processed by a medical panel. Is this realistic?

Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:42 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical referring processing times at HOC in Oz

Originally Posted by matt007
Hello All

My meds have been referred to HOC (Health Office of the Commonwealth) in Oz for mild depression last year. Doctors letter supplied explaining circumtances, stress of my course of study and exams.

Have been told meds were referred from DIAC on the 28th Jan 09 and they take 10 working days to reach the HOC and a further 4 days to be processed by a medical panel. Is this realistic?

Thanks
It's impossible to tell. It could be 4 days or 4 weeks or 4 months. It all depends on the backlog of applications and how much work your actual file needs done.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

cdaborn is an unknown quantity at this point

My medicals were referred to HOC too. Sent to HOC on 5/1/09. Medicals finalised and visa granted on 23rd Jan.

As Dorothy says every case is different medically and it depends on their workload.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

matt007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks will wait with gnawed finger nails
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

witchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nice

Hi all

We had our Meds done 5th Dec (we being, OH, me, 2 teenagers and a 5 yr old) all reasonably fit and healthy. Received in Adelaide 12th Dec. and then NOTHING. So still waiting, our agent is on the case. Must admit this is definately the worse bit. No fingernails, or finger ends, for that matter, left.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Harry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really nice

Originally Posted by witchypoo
Hi all

We had our Meds done 5th Dec (we being, OH, me, 2 teenagers and a 5 yr old) all reasonably fit and healthy. Received in Adelaide 12th Dec. and then NOTHING. So still waiting, our agent is on the case. Must admit this is definately the worse bit. No fingernails, or finger ends, for that matter, left.
hi there...........hope you dont mind me asking......why did meds go to adelaide, i thought they went to sydney???
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

witchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Harry_Elaine
hi there...........hope you dont mind me asking......why did meds go to adelaide, i thought they went to sydney???
Hi

Just checked p/work and your right it is Sydney. (or ours have gone to the wrong place, which is why it has taken so long) I'm hoping that was a joke!!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Harry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really nice

Originally Posted by witchypoo
Hi

Just checked p/work and your right it is Sydney. (or ours have gone to the wrong place, which is why it has taken so long) I'm hoping that was a joke!!

no it wasnt a joke, i thought meds went to sydney, thats where i have sent ours and that is where the medical centre we went to said 99% of meds go there.........../??????????? confused ??
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Just ignore me, having a premature senior moment brought on by all the stress and worry about these meds