Medical referal. Is this normal?

Old Oct 16th 2004, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

dave king is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical referral. Is this normal?

My partners de facto visa application was acknowledged yesterday by e-mail from AHC London giving case officer and case number details BUT it stated that her medical documents were being refered to Health Assessment Services in Sydney for assessment.

Is this referral normal???

Have not heard of this happening before.

My beloved is as fit as a flea and the panel doctor gave no indication after the medical that there was any sort of problem

Getting worried!!!

Does this happen to everyone on a partner visa?????

Last edited by dave king; Oct 16th 2004 at 2:52 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:38 pm
wooooooo hoooooo

jubri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medical referral. Is this normal?

Hi Dave,

Firstly - congrats - you are winning the race so far!
Ours was recieved at Oz House on Tue as well - but no email as yet & ours was for Spouse Visa with baby involved!!! Hope we get our email within the next couple of days. Arrgghhhh
Secondly - i have heard that they have to send Meds to the MOC - Medical Officer of the Commonwealth - this is a standard thing - but of course i could be wrong.
I wouldn't worry though if as you say your partner is as fit as a flea...is prob just the norm, but case officer felt they had to let you know to explain any delays that may happen.

I wouldn't worry - just sit back & wait for that yellow envelope!!!
Cheers

Jubri
Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

dave king is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Medical referral. Is this normal?

Hi Jubri

Thanks for your reply.

Been doing a bit of research on this medical referral thing and it looks to me like they only refer to HAS Sydney when AHC have a particular issue with your medical results.

Can not understand it. The medical went so smoothly. We had an appointment outside normal surgery hours so nothing was rushed. The Doctor was a very pleasant, jovial fellow. Quick chat about the type of visa Carol was applying for then she was ushered into the doctors examining room. By the time I was on page 2 of the Readers Digest (Christmas 1996) she was out again and the doctor was chatting about Australia and what part we were going to etc., handed over the cheque for £120 and we were out with the doctor wishing us a great time down under.

Seems the examination was a doddle. Did all the usual things and gave a commentary of yes...OK...OK..normal.. fine..normal..normal...yep...read this... yep...fine..OK...normal..great...fine, blood sample ..
fine...OK...thats it.

I would have thought that if the Doc had reservations about anything then he should have said so. In fact I'm sure he would have done so, so this refferal is a bit of a mystery.

It really has upset Carol, she was a blubbering wreck all day yesterday. She figures she must have bubonic plague or some life threatening condition. Blames me (should'nt have shown her the e-mail).

She's 46 and the only time she's been near a hospital was when she had an overy removed about 15 years ago, which she declared on the medical form and the doctor did'nt even mention. Surely that ca'nt be an issue. Would have thought that would have been regarded a bit like having your appendix out.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Sure you'll get your acknoledgement on Monday. We may be first over fence one but sure you and Deadmeat will overtake us on the straight.
Cheers

Dave
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:49 am
Just Joined

thejodfather is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,

Obviously not familair with your exact details, nor am I a doc but, I have been referred to Sydney like yourself...... and have visa in hand now.

It happens in about 30-40% of applications and if there is anything mentioned that was not an OK than it will get passed on. The people who open the envelope first are not doctors and if there are ANY comments they pass it on for interpretation.

Mine for example had a chest xray comment explaining the issue which was mainly a "photography" problem. It said all was fine because of XYZ but it still went to an actual doctor adding another 3weeks.

Your partner probably has one ear lower than the other!!!! although I can understand that it would be odd for your doc not to mention it. Try not to worry...every emotion is magnified at this stage of the process.

See you in Oz
Best of luck.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Hey there,
while your wifes general checkup may may have been ok and nothing was said by the quack dont forget that blood and urine samples are also sent off for examing. This could be something simple like type 2 diabetes which most people are unaware of or that a sample was inconclusive. Plenty of people have visas granted after referrals and its more common then you think so I really wouldn worry.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

nawab1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Medical referral. Is this normal?

dont worry,

its as simple as every medical is to be reffered to HAS (Health assessment Sydney).