medical question/please help

Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

kazmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical question/please help

hi everyone,i have varicose veins and i am worried that i will fail the medical as a i have read other posts that people have had to have them removed before visa is granted,can anyone tell me if this true.any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:16 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical question/please help

Originally Posted by kazmatt
hi everyone,i have varicose veins and i am worried that i will fail the medical as a i have read other posts that people have had to have them removed before visa is granted,can anyone tell me if this true.any advice would be appreciated.
Hi, I really dont know for sure but Im sure it would only be a problem if they were causing you bother, lots of people have them with no problems,
Have you ever had to go to your gp because of them?

found this
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431985

there are other threads if you go to "search" in the menu at the top,

Someone who knows better than me will prob be along soon,
I think every medical is different depending on the doctor, some people seem to have had very thorough doctors and some like the doctor I got just give you the quick once over- I didnt have to strip or anything so maybe depends on the doctor you get.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:05 am
Just Joined

kazmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

hi penky thankyou for your info,im not in any pain with them just dont like the look of them,they have got worse since having my second child,i havent visited my gp with them since 4 years ago.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazmatt
hi penky thankyou for your info,im not in any pain with them just dont like the look of them,they have got worse since having my second child,i havent visited my gp with them since 4 years ago.
Never heard of anyone being refused because of varicose veins. They are only interested in conditions that will or could potentially cost the Australian health care system large sums.