Medical problem, is this normal

Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:23 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medical problem, is this normal

Hi All

I am getting really confused about all this now. We had our medicals last Friday and because I had had two routine operations 8 and 9 years ago, an ovary removed first and then a hysterectomy, the panel doctor said that this is significant history and Oz would require details of why and what the results were. Can't really understand why they want that but hey who am I to argue. Anyway, a week later and my Doctors had still not received the letter so my OH rang and they faxed it over (think they forgot to do it). Anyway the Doctors surgery have just rung and said that before they send it over they need to see me, even though I had already done a letter of consent to hand info over. They can't fit me in until May 9th which is ridiculous and I can't understand why they need this. I have asked to speak to someone on Monday now. Any help anyone. We have a deadline of mid May to get it all back which is pushing it a bit.

Nicky:curse: :curse:
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical problem, is this normal

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi All

I am getting really confused about all this now. We had our medicals last Friday and because I had had two routine operations 8 and 9 years ago, an ovary removed first and then a hysterectomy, the panel doctor said that this is significant history and Oz would require details of why and what the results were. Can't really understand why they want that but hey who am I to argue. Anyway, a week later and my Doctors had still not received the letter so my OH rang and they faxed it over (think they forgot to do it). Anyway the Doctors surgery have just rung and said that before they send it over they need to see me, even though I had already done a letter of consent to hand info over. They can't fit me in until May 9th which is ridiculous and I can't understand why they need this. I have asked to speak to someone on Monday now. Any help anyone. We have a deadline of mid May to get it all back which is pushing it a bit.

Nicky:curse: :curse:
Just let your CO know that you are dealing with it and send them over your scanned med receipts. I had to do two reports and basically the consultants secretary wanted to know what sort of info needed to be in the reports. Nothing heavy at all.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:25 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that but to wait 2 weeks for a Doctors appointment is just leaving it all so long. We have just said that it seems like our whole life is hanging at the moment. What next.

I am not good at patience at the best of times but all I think about now is Oz and medicals and police checks. I check the post the minute it comes through the door, ring the Doctors surgery numerous times to see if the letter has arrived and am becoming totally neurotic. Will I last?

Nicky
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that but to wait 2 weeks for a Doctors appointment is just leaving it all so long. We have just said that it seems like our whole life is hanging at the moment. What next.

I am not good at patience at the best of times but all I think about now is Oz and medicals and police checks. I check the post the minute it comes through the door, ring the Doctors surgery numerous times to see if the letter has arrived and am becoming totally neurotic. Will I last?

Nicky
a bit of a hint as we had to get an add on...ask them to put a prognosis in even if not required. They need prognosis from our reports including.

Good luck with it. I am sure you will be fine though. You could have asked the med panel for the letter yourself as we did, then took it with us and asked for the reports, it didnt take long at all. It was the writing up of them that took a week.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

I don't know how your Doctor's appointment system work, but with ours if you ring on the same day you usually get an appointment, you can also ring for a cancellations if it is an emergency.
Can you not tell the receptionist that you need to see somebody urgently and see what they say. Good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Nicky
Government targets state you should be able to see your GP within 48 hours and another health care professional within 24 hours of requesting an appointment. Ring them back and tell them you need to see GP within this time scale. Sometimes you just have to insist. If you have any problems insist on speaking to the practice manager.
Can you tell I work for the NHS
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sals
Government targets state you should be able to see your GP within 48 hours and another health care professional within 24 hours of requesting an appointment. Ring them back and tell them you need to see GP within this time scale. Sometimes you just have to insist. If you have any problems insist on speaking to the practice manager.
Can you tell I work for the NHS
They always say "It's not what you know, but who you Know" thank heavens for BE members!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:07 pm

Roll on Monday because I am back on to the sugery again. There is one woman there that is helpful and I shall play on her better nature to see if she can do something for me. I know that with our Doctors surgery you have to ring at 8.30am or 2pm for that day's appointments but this is classed as not urgent or really necessary (to them anyway) so that is why the wait.
I can feel the assertive side of me coming out now!!!

Nicky