medical and police clearance

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Martl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical and police clearance

Hi ,

Is is possible to lodge an application(Skilled Independent 136-MODL) together with medical and police clearance certificate or should I have to wait for the ackknowledgment from Adelaide or wait until they are requested ?

Thanks in advance

Martl
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: medical and police clearance

Originally Posted by Martl
Hi ,

Is is possible to lodge an application(Skilled Independent 136-MODL) together with medical and police clearance certificate or should I have to wait for the ackknowledgment from Adelaide or wait until they are requested ?

Thanks in advance

Martl
Could anyone help me ??

Thanks

Martl
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,

Thanks in advance

Martl
I was under the impression you needed the visa application acknowledgement for the file ref number prior to sending your medicals.

We sent our police checks with our application to our Agent - not sure if they submitted together or not. Our agent asked us to carry out medicals once we received the acknowledgement letter.

Paula
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:03 pm
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future

Hi ,

Thanks in advance

Martl

Hi Martl,

Personally, I sent off my application without the police clearence certificate (PCC) and medicals. After sending it off, I applied for the PCC.

By the time the PCC arrives, the application is acknowledged and I have the reference number. Off goes the PCC.

I preferred to wait for the medical request before doing meds as I felt more comfortable knowing my file was looked at.

However, many people did their medicals before being requested. The idea is to do it around 3 months into the process so that it will coincide with the allocation of CO. Doing it too early doesn't really help (although there are exceptions) as nobody is looking at the file yet.

Nevertheless, you should wait until you get your reference number before doing meds as the meds will be sent separately by the clinic and the reference number is needed to match your application.

If you wait for your PCC before sending your application then you wasted the time waiting, instead of gaining more seniority/time with your application.

At the end of the day, there's no "wrong" way of doing it BUT according to DIMA you should wait for the request before proceeding.....

Hope that helps. All the best with your application.

CHEERS

Last edited by zeny; Jul 23rd 2006 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

Martl,

Yes I agree you need to get your case reference number before you do your medical. But you can do PCC early.
However note that the date on the medical or PCC (whichever is the earliest) as this is the date you have to validate visa by as it has to be valid for 12 months.

My agent recommended that you do medicals and PCC about 4-5 months after the acknowledgement, in case they look at the application early. There has been a few occasions where applications are processed early by DIMIA

Regards

Bhaven
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:56 am
Just Joined

thanks for the help

Martl