Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

medical of my no migrating child failed please give me an advice

medical of my no migrating child failed please give me an advice

Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:55 am
Just Joined

baneesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry medical of my no migrating child failed please give me an advice

i submitted 175 paperbased application on 30/08/2008 i sent all the documents . Now they said me to give me a comment on the failure of my first son's medical . He has a problem of autism . But the doctors said there is a good chance to recover . Any way he is a non migrating applicant . Will it affect all the applicants of the application. Will the application be rejected because of the failure of one no migrating dependent's medical please give me an advice what should i do
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical of my no migrating child failed please give me an advice

Originally Posted by baneesh
i submitted 175 paperbased application on 30/08/2008 i sent all the documents . Now they said me to give me a comment on the failure of my first son's medical . He has a problem of autism . But the doctors said there is a good chance to recover . Any way he is a non migrating applicant . Will it affect all the applicants of the application. Will the application be rejected because of the failure of one no migrating dependent's medical please give me an advice what should i do
Nobody here can tell you whether your visa will be granted if your child failed the medical. That is up to the decision makers at DIAC based on the report from the HOC doctors.

I'm curious though, what doctors told you that autism is something he can recover from?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your so has failed his medical. I have to admit to being a little confused though. Whilst the right teaching can certainly help children with autism to live a fulfilled life in many cases, I do not think it is something you can be cured of.

i hope someone can help you with your question

Love

Rudi
x
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Nobody here can tell you whether your visa will be granted if your child failed the medical.
How are u so sure?

What if there is indeed somebody in this forum who had a similar case wherein he/she had a non-migrating dependent failing medical and as a consequence the whole visa (for all the migrants in the application) was accepted/rejected? What if there is more than one incidents like that in BE, and thus a pattern emerges??

The particular medical issue is not the question here (which is of course subjective and varies from case to case). The question here is 'Is an application normally accepted/rejected if a non-migrating dependent fails medical test'.

I understand 'all application are different', and 'nobody has a crystal ball' and that sort of stuff, when they are really valid.

To OP, if you dont get much response here, it may be worthwhile to discuss this with an agent. Personally I feel that you should explain and put stress (in the response that your CO has asked for) on the fact that your first son is not migrating and he has no plan to migrate in future as he is settled somewhere else/studying/working etc etc..

Last edited by supriyag123; Sep 18th 2009 at 4:52 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supriyag123
The question here is 'Is an application normally accepted/rejected if a non-migrating dependent fails medical test'.
You would have to presume that the answer to that is that the application would be rejected. Because if the migrating applicants will get their visa whether the non migrating dependent passes the medical or not, then there would be no point asking the non-migrating dependent to do a medical in the first place!

The reason that DIAC asks non-migrating dependents to take the medical is in case they decide to go to Australia as well at a later stage on a relative type of visa.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How are u so sure?
I can be so sure because the couple of cases I do know about had different outcomes. There are far too many variables for anyone to be able to give an answer such as. How severe is the autism? Is the child functional or institutionalised? Who is the child dependent on? What level of dependence is there? If that person died would the child need to live with the OP (in which case he would then need to be sponsored to live in Australia)?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You would have to presume that the answer to that is that the application would be rejected. Because if the migrating applicants will get their visa whether the non migrating dependent passes the medical or not, then there would be no point asking the non-migrating dependent to do a medical in the first place!

The reason that DIAC asks non-migrating dependents to take the medical is in case they decide to go to Australia as well at a later stage on a relative type of visa.
Hmm...sounds logical.

However I hope it is not true, for the sake of OP.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 3:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...sounds logical.

However I hope it is not true, for the sake of OP.
That is the reason why they ask for medicals on non-migrating dependents.

Say for example the custody of the child is transferred to the parent who has migrated. The parent will then apply for a child visa. A health waiver can then come into play, as for Spouse visas, meaning that DIAC often take a less strict line, in the interests of keeping the family together. Hence the reason for them establishing in advance if there is likely to be an issue in the future.
Each case would be looked at individually though, and whether the application would be refused because of it is something none of us could predict.

To the OP - did they actually tell you that the child had totally failed the medical, or did they ask for further reports etc?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That is the reason why they ask for medicals on non-migrating dependents.

Say for example the custody of the child is transferred to the parent who has migrated. The parent will then apply for a child visa. A health waiver can then come into play, as for Spouse visas, meaning that DIAC often take a less strict line, in the interests of keeping the family together. Hence the reason for them establishing in advance if there is likely to be an issue in the future.
Each case would be looked at individually though, and whether the application would be refused because of it is something none of us could predict.

To the OP - did they actually tell you that the child had totally failed the medical, or did they ask for further reports etc?

they wanted me to submit relevant information for that findings
Old Sep 19th 2009, 4:21 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

they wanted me to submit relevant information for that findings
Do you mean they have asked you to give them more information on his condition? If so, it may be that they are giving you a chance to submit extra reports which may mean that the child has not actually failed the medical, just that they are considering a failure.
It might be an idea to contact a registered agent - there are several on this site - and then you can show/tell them exactly what DIAC have said to you. Alternatively speak to the doctor who carried out the original medical and show him/her what DIAC have sent you.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you mean they have asked you to give them more information on his condition? If so, it may be that they are giving you a chance to submit extra reports which may mean that the child has not actually failed the medical, just that they are considering a failure.
It might be an idea to contact a registered agent - there are several on this site - and then you can show/tell them exactly what DIAC have said to you. Alternatively speak to the doctor who carried out the original medical and show him/her what DIAC have sent you.
thank you for your concern about this matter.i have contacted my panel doctor and i have given the email id of the doctor to the case officer . She/he will give the report to the doctor so that i can see what type of report is it. If they said my son's case is so sever then there is no hope . If it is not so then i can hope for a waiver . Am i right
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:12 am
Home and Happy

thank you for your concern about this matter.i have contacted my panel doctor and i have given the email id of the doctor to the case officer . She/he will give the report to the doctor so that i can see what type of report is it. If they said my son's case is so sever then there is no hope . If it is not so then i can hope for a waiver . Am i right
If the information that the doctor supplies now meets the requirements of DIAC then your visa may still be granted. As they are actually asking for more info rather than just rejecting the application all is not lost yet so stay positive

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 19th 2009 at 7:23 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:56 am
sdn
Just Joined

sdn is an unknown quantity at this point

You write the non-migrating, how old is the child? What degree of autism has it? I´m interested in this and have read little it seems like it´s case by case basis ... I don´t believe autism can be cured, but a child can gets better with the right support at school and by involved parents.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:22 am
Just Joined

everything is over . i cant submit relevent information since my son is no more .He died on 22 -09 .He put a balloon piece in his mouth . and it caused death . He has ADHAD actually . He escaped many times from narrow death. anyway its a double blow to me I lost my son. i have applied for a withdrawal of my application . anyone knows will i get the application charge if withdraw it .Thank you for everybody for the help .
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

korn_bo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

everything is over . i cant submit relevent information since my son is no more .He died on 22 -09 .He put a balloon piece in his mouth . and it caused death . He has ADHAD actually . He escaped many times from narrow death. anyway its a double blow to me I lost my son. i have applied for a withdrawal of my application . anyone knows will i get the application charge if withdraw it .Thank you for everybody for the help .
im sorry to hear this...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.