Medical Examination

Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future
Default Medical Examination

Please could you help with the following question?

I am looking to front load my medical next month on Migration Agents advice for non-MODL 136 application made in April 2006.

I am aged 31 and currently on the borderline between obese and 'Overweight' and have raised blood pressure.
My blood pressure is normally below the 140/90 limit but is not that much lower than that and I am worried that it may be over this when I have my medical, due to worries, etc of failing the medical.

The only other health concerns I have are asthma (which is under control), I have really bad eyesight any I have a skin condition called virtiligo (not infectious).

Could you please advise if I am going to have any poblems in my medical and whether they could reject my application on this basis?

Many thanks

Bhaven
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical Examination

Originally Posted by BPadhiar

I am looking to front load my medical next month on Migration Agents advice for non-MODL 136 application made in April 2006.

I am aged 31 and currently on the borderline between obese and 'Overweight' and have raised blood pressure.
My blood pressure is normally below the 140/90 limit but is not that much lower than that and I am worried that it may be over this when I have my medical, due to worries, etc of failing the medical.

The only other health concerns I have are asthma (which is under control), I have really bad eyesight any I have a skin condition called virtiligo (not infectious).

Could you please advise if I am going to have any poblems in my medical and whether they could reject my application on this basis?

Many thanks

Bhaven
Hi there - I'm not an expert by any means but a few thoughts:

1. You have a month in which you could potentially lose some weight - this may well reduce your BMI to the "overweight" rather than "obese" range.
Panel doctors vary about how they perceive obesity. I don't know what DIMA's official line is.

2. If you BP is persistently over 140/90 during the medical (if high it will be measured more than once to allow it to settle) then it is likely you will either be asked to provide details from your own GP (for which your GP is entitled to charge I will point out now!) and/or to undergo a 24 hour blood pressure check/cardiology review.
And again, if you can lose a bit of weight between now and the medicals your BP might even drop a bit.

Good luck
Madhu
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

Madhu,

Thanks for the reply.

My medicals have been booked for 17/8/06, so I have some time to loose weight. Obviously I will try to loose as much weight as I can and hopefully this will reduce my BP aswell.

I am fairly confident I can loose a couple of KGS to put me in the overweight group but I'm not sure if I will be able to get my BP down enough. If this is the case could they fail me?

Also if my BP is below the 140/90 limit on the day then will this be acceptable?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Madhu,

Thanks for the reply.

My medicals have been booked for 17/8/06, so I have some time to loose weight. Obviously I will try to loose as much weight as I can and hopefully this will reduce my BP aswell.

I am fairly confident I can loose a couple of KGS to put me in the overweight group but I'm not sure if I will be able to get my BP down enough. If this is the case could they fail me?

Also if my BP is below the 140/90 limit on the day then will this be acceptable?
Talk to your GP about your BP. My dad has 'white coat' syndrome, perfect BP until he sees a doctor! He is able to use a personal BP monitor for a few days and keep records. If your GP would do this for you and write a letter to panel doc it might help (not been through this yet and this advice might be worthless but worth a try?)

Also, I lost 9.6kg in 4 weeks. Low calorie, low fat diet and an hour's walk a day. So it can be done!!! (Regrettably, I still have some way to go).
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:17 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

Bhaven

It will save you a lot of money if you can sort your BP problem out with your GP before you go for the meds even if it means going on medication.
I didn't know I had a problem and the panel doc referred me to a cardiologist which cost me another £500 plus for the consultation,EGC and 24 hour monitor. He then referred me back to my GP who prescribed a low dose medication, in the meantime my meds were sent to Sydney and passed without further question. Visa granted 4 week later, so you shouldn't have a problem but make your GP the first port of call. He may give you a letter to take to the panel doc to say your BP is being controlled (and he won't charge you in excess of £500 either!!!!!!!!!)

Loz x