Medical Costs - Ouch!!!

Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:17 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: Medical Costs - Ouch!!!

Originally Posted by Rooksie
without wanting to give too much detail away ..... if you have tats are the medicals more?!?!?! what the hell is all that about then???? Sh** going to cost me a bloody fortune!!!!!!!!

i didnt have a clue about this?????? can anyone shed light please??????
I think me and Mrs R. didn't have to have extra bloods done as our tats are over 20 years old and any Hep B would have been diagnosed years ago. But it is also an excuse for the doctors to make a bit more money out of us all, as if they don't make enough already!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Rob

You would be better going somewhere else, have you tried the doctor in Milton Keynes? I also spoke to Hitchin and they seemed expensive.
It might be worth driving a few extra miles to save the money, Birmingham looks really cheap and it isn't that far if you are going to save £200 or more.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:06 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Kevin,

We did consider going somewhere else because of the cost but decided against it due to the fact that we are sooooooooo busy over the next few months that we just felt that it was the easy option to go somewhere local.

What with work commitments, our on going extension, an intensive day release course at colleage, spending countless hours on ex-pats, and looking after three kids and a gold fish ( ), time, is unfortunatly something we haven't got much of..........Roll on Oz!!

Rob

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Rob

You would be better going somewhere else, have you tried the doctor in Milton Keynes? I also spoke to Hitchin and they seemed expensive.
It might be worth driving a few extra miles to save the money, Birmingham looks really cheap and it isn't that far if you are going to save £200 or more.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Kevin,

We did consider going somewhere else because of the cost but decided against it due to the fact that we are sooooooooo busy over the next few months that we just felt that it was the easy option to go somewhere local.

What with work commitments, our on going extension, an intensive day release course at colleage, spending countless hours on ex-pats, and looking after three kids and a gold fish ( ), time, is unfortunatly something we haven't got much of..........Roll on Oz!!

Rob
That sounds fair enough, I'm gonna call Birmingham on Monday, it's a bit of a traipse from Suffolk but it might be worth it.
My life is a bit more laid back than yours by the sound of it, no extension, 1 grown up child and I'm self employed and work maybe 20 hrs / week
Oh well, maybe you can chill when you get to OZ?
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:36 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by saraliz
Yes, you've got to pay more if you have a tattoo, as anyone with a tattoo or body piercing (other than ears) needs to have a Hepatitis B test...
The guidelines for blood tests for people who have tattoos, is not that cut and dry. Informed by a medical practice manager,who actually read out the official statement from DIMIA over the phone, that the extra blood tests were only required if there is any evidence that there has been any form of skin disease/disorder in the area of the tattoo.
This is at the discretion of the panel doctor. If he tries to tell you that you have to have the extra blood test, just tell him of the guide lines and ask him to show you where there is any evidence of possible previous infection.
It could save you a few quid.

Neil
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saraliz
Yes, you've got to pay more if you have a tattoo, as anyone with a tattoo or body piercing (other than ears) needs to have a Hepatitis B test...

and body piercing - oh great!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:56 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Not sure about the piercings, but would imagine that it follows the same guidelines.

neil
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by neil.b
Not sure about the piercings, but would imagine that it follows the same guidelines.

neil

it all seemed like such a good idea at the time!?!?! i fear i will be in the doghouse!!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:29 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

ROFL, So your covered in tattoos and have piercings about yer person to boot!!,,,lol why am I thinking of BikerBirds??
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulf
ROFL, So your covered in tattoos and have piercings about yer person to boot!!,,,lol why am I thinking of BikerBirds??

cheeky sod!!!!

they are discreet actually!!!!!

tell you what i was in halfords couple of weeks back and there was a woman in there and MY GOD she was late 50's and they were all over her back and arms and her face - MmMmmm nice!!!!

you cannot see any of mine unless i am on the beach!!

more importantly, i am sending you a PM about plumbing (much more exciting!!!)
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:48 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

cheeky sod!!!!

tell you what i was in halfords couple of weeks back and there was a woman in there and MY GOD she was late 50's and they were all over her back and arms and her face - MmMmmm nice!!!!

I am installing at the present and this week, a"lady" opened the door to me, and when I showed her the BG ID she told me to "F*** off, she did,nt want any new meter! and British gas can kiss my arse!" point being she had a lovely tear drop tattooed on her cheek under her eye! (never seen dark blue tears before).
I could,nt stop staring at it!!!!!!!!! the effect only broken when she slamed the front door in my face, lol funny folk in Stevenage. That reminds me Mandy Skeggs is from Stevenage too & she has a tattoo as well................ shes probably from the posh part which I believe is called Hitchin.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulf
I am installing at the present and this week, a"lady" opened the door to me, and when I showed her the BG ID she told me to "F*** off, she did,nt want any new meter! and British gas can kiss my arse!" point being she had a lovely tear drop tattooed on her cheek under her eye! (never seen dark blue tears before).
I could,nt stop staring at it!!!!!!!!! the effect only broken when she slamed the front door in my face, lol funny folk in Stevenage. That reminds me Mandy Skeggs is from Stevenage too & she has a tattoo as well................ shes probably from the posh part which I believe is called Hitchin.

i love the ones on forearms!!! class!!!!

more importantly were they all spelt correctly!?!?!?!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:13 am
Here at last

TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

cheeky sod!!!!

HMMMM plumbing and piercings............... !!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TheRossers
HMMMM plumbing and piercings............... !!!!!

ARGHHHHHHH ....... NO WAY!!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:17 am
Here at last

ARGHHHHHHH ....... NO WAY!!
Tooooo late the image is already there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.