Medical Condition - Rheumatoid arthritis

Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

LJPXX80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Condition - Rheumatoid arthritis

Hi,

Has anyone been accepted for a visa with Rheumatoid arthritis? I am currently managing my disease with just anti inflammatories and pain killers however I have had very expensive treatment in the past which did not work so it is unlikely I will have to have that expensive treatment again.

My husband and I both have skills which are required in Aus, we are also both under 30 and have no other health problems other than my RA.

Do you know what the chances are of me being rejected?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical Condition - Rheumatoid arthritis

Originally Posted by LJPXX80
Hi,

Has anyone been accepted for a visa with Rheumatoid arthritis? I am currently managing my disease with just anti inflammatories and pain killers however I have had very expensive treatment in the past which did not work so it is unlikely I will have to have that expensive treatment again.

My husband and I both have skills which are required in Aus, we are also both under 30 and have no other health problems other than my RA.

Do you know what the chances are of me being rejected?

Thanks in advance
i asked this question on here once before for a couple we knew who were thinking of migrating but the wife was concerned she wouldn't pass the medical and quite a few people replied and it didn't seem to be a problem.It certainly wasn't an outright no anyway.Try a search for the thread to find more info and failing that i would think a good agent would help you.Good luck,
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

LJPXX80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you I have had a look but can't find any success stories, we have decided to go to the expo in Leeds next weekend so will ask the immigration people then.

I have looked at the medical forms online and they seem more concerned with things like TB so I am praying it will be OK I am currently only taking ibuprofen and paracetamol so I am hardly going to cripple the health system.....
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

sharon1912 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I'm new on here, are you able to let me know how you got on with your Rheumatoid Arthritis query please?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LJPXX80
Thank you I have had a look but can't find any success stories, we have decided to go to the expo in Leeds next weekend so will ask the immigration people then.
I doubt they will be in a position to give a specific answer and anything they say is worthless unless they put it in writing.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

elmao is on a distinguished road

I found a website on DIMIA's view of various medical conditions if you would like a look - its certainly not an official immigration department website, but it may help give you an idea of what to expect.

Google "typical medical conditions iscah" and its the second result
(the 1st result is a pdf newsletter with a link to the same medical conditions page)

(ps for some reason I couldn't view the page in mozilla firefox's internet browser, but I could in Microsoft internet explorer)

Best of luck anyway