Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Medical condition called Myasthenia Gravis and 190 visa application v2

Medical condition called Myasthenia Gravis and 190 visa application v2

Old Jan 4th 2024, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

razimy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical condition called Myasthenia Gravis and 190 visa application v2

Hi All,

I found a thread on here from chrisfox who was in a similar situation as me but it was back in 2016.

I am looking to apply for the 190 visa but my wife has myasthenia gravis and was wondering if this would be a reason for refusal of visa.

As I am a new member I am unable to contact chrisfox, get his email or even add the link to his thread. I have kept the title of the thread the same and just added v2.

If anyone can help by any chance, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Old Jan 4th 2024, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical condition called Myasthenia Gravis and 190 visa application v2

She will most likely need a full medical report, this will be requested and should address the specifics under question. Most people can live a pretty normal life with this but they will need to look at each individual case. They are looking to see exactly what treatments/medication are required and a prognosis for the future. It comes down to cash, if it is likely to cost over the threashold or requires scarce resources then visa may be refused. Best to get an agent with an understanding of medical issues to help if you are worried.
Old Jan 4th 2024, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

razimy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical condition called Myasthenia Gravis and 190 visa application v2

Thanks for your advice.

Yes she has had her surgery and has been very stable since and only takes a few tablets and lives a normal life and works.

my concern is more that the medical is happening after paying nearly 10k AUD in visa fees (family of 4) and then potentially being refused. Ideally would have wanted to complete the medical before applying for the visas but apparently you can’t for 190 visa and I only have 20 or so days left on my invitation so not much time.

Guess I’ll have to take the risk and pay for the visas and hope for the best.
Old Jan 5th 2024, 5:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by razimy
Thanks for your advice.

Yes she has had her surgery and has been very stable since and only takes a few tablets and lives a normal life and works.

my concern is more that the medical is happening after paying nearly 10k AUD in visa fees (family of 4) and then potentially being refused. Ideally would have wanted to complete the medical before applying for the visas but apparently you can’t for 190 visa and I only have 20 or so days left on my invitation so not much time.

Guess I’ll have to take the risk and pay for the visas and hope for the best.
As you may have to supply additional reports for the medical you could obtain these before applying, and ask likely progression / costs / etc. For a PR visa, likely costs need to be below $51000 AUD total over 5 years - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help...rements/health
Old Jan 5th 2024, 11:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by razimy
Hi All,

I found a thread on here from chrisfox who was in a similar situation as me but it was back in 2016.

I am looking to apply for the 190 visa but my wife has myasthenia gravis and was wondering if this would be a reason for refusal of visa.

As I am a new member I am unable to contact chrisfox, get his email or even add the link to his thread. I have kept the title of the thread the same and just added v2.

If anyone can help by any chance, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
I suspect it will be a wase of time trying to contact ChrisFox as 2016 was the ONLY time they have ever posted on BE.