Medical and acro check for partner visa

Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Karondo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical and acro check for partner visa

Hello all,

Quick question if I may! Hopefully will start my application for a partner visa (309/100) as my partner is Australian and will be a de facto parter as have plenty of evidence. Looking through everything, during the application process doesnt mention a medical or ACRO police check. Do you know if this is required as I cant see any mention of it in any of the gumpf!

Cheers
Matt
Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical and acro check for partner visa

Both are a requirement if you are a UK resident. You'll also need a police check from any other countries you have resided in and as of 18 November 2016 so will your sponsor.

http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

immi_partner
Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Lovely cheers for that does it matter when the ACRO is done? if I do the acro now and apply for the visa in june would that be acceptable or has it got to be fairly recent for it?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karondo
Lovely cheers for that does it matter when the ACRO is done? if I do the acro now and apply for the visa in june would that be acceptable or has it got to be fairly recent for it?
Both the police check and the medical are generally valid for 12 months from the date on which they are done, and you have to enter Australia within that period. Owing to the length of time currently being taken to process Partner Visas I would be holding off doing them until they are requested.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karondo
As Pollyana says the checks are only valid for 12 months and need to be valid when the visa is granted and when you enter Australia to activate your visa for the first time. Current processing times are roughly six months so if you can fly to Australia reasonably shortly after your visa is granted I would lodge the visa application and then complete your checks over the next few weeks. Providing your application is then complete your visa should be granted once a case officer has an opportunity to assess your application.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for your help, trying to get your head around it all is a pain!