Wikiposts

MCSE Qualified and Needs Help for ACS

Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really nice
Default Re: MCSE Qualified and Needs Help for ACS

Do a search on MCSE on here.
As long as you fit a required job description, an MCSE is enough along with 6 years experience in the relevant field to apply under Group B.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:13 pm
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future

Hi, I have a few random MCP's and some 3rd Party MS Quals. I also have several years IT support experience, starting on a help desk and now 3rd line hardware.

I was told by some agencies that the government only recognize an MCSD or above on its own.

I went through the TRA and got passed as a 'Computer Support Technician'. Clearly something you will be more than capable of with 10 years and an MCSE.

Maybe you could consider that route.

Good Luck

Jamie
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:46 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Question Re: MCSE Qualified and Needs Help for ACS

Hi, can anyone tell me if they applied for their Skills Assessment with the ACS without using an agent? My husband has his MCSE with 6+ years experience and was told by an agent at our initial free assessment that he had a very good chance of success. We want to avoid agent fees where possible throughout this whole process. Has anybody had any success without using an agent??? Hope you can help. Emma x
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

-=|MisterY|=- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
Has anybody had any success without using an agent???
Yes. But it really depends on your situation.
I thought mine was straightforward and, besides, the agents were too expensive for me. Fortunately my case really was straightforward so the Booklet 6 contained just enough information to do everything by myself.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:04 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by -=|MisterY|=-
Yes. But it really depends on your situation.
I thought mine was straightforward and, besides, the agents were too expensive for me. Fortunately my case really was straightforward so the Booklet 6 contained just enough information to do everything by myself.
That's what I thought, it all looks very straight forward to me. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your help! Emma x
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

andydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura about

Emma

I did the ACS (RPL) but employed an agent but if i had had an MCSE at that time, i wouldn't have used the agent. That said they have been worth every penny as the RPL was tough going at times and they kept me along the right lines.

The ACS forms are not difficult to complete, if you don't need to do the RPL which he wont have to, so i'd say save your money and fill them in your self.

Cheers

AndyD

Hi, can anyone tell me if they applied for their Skills Assessment with the ACS without using an agent? My husband has his MCSE with 6+ years experience and was told by an agent at our initial free assessment that he had a very good chance of success. We want to avoid agent fees where possible throughout this whole process. Has anybody had any success without using an agent??? Hope you can help. Emma x
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:45 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of people who have gone past the ACS without using an agent.

On the other hand, there are also people who've had to use an agent after failing to get past the ACS on their own attempt.

Sometimes avoiding agent fees is a good idea if you are confident enough to lodge the application on your own.

Other times, getting an agent to vet through your application for a reduced fee might be worthwhile. However, not every agent is capable of vetting through employment references for ACS purposes. I've seen enough situations that are caused by low quality employment references to think that this is probably the one thing you should be careful about as your husband already has an MCSE.

Peter
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Easdales
I went through the TRA and got passed as a 'Computer Support Technician'. Clearly something you will be more than capable of with 10 years and an MCSE.

Maybe you could consider that route.
That is a 40 point occupation. Presumably that means you MUST have to have a job offer/sponsorship for that route?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:12 pm
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future

Hi, Thats right. We are going on a 139 skilled - sponsored - designated area. So we are not being points tested. The wife has family in the sunshine cost (designated), her uncle is the sponsor and I have the skill.

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:20 pm
rdd
Just Joined

rdd will become famous soon enoughrdd will become famous soon enough

No matter what the Major in University? I have Mcse NT since 1999,then MCSE 2000,no mcse 2003.

My major is Industrial automation, I just check the guide line, need 20% course related computer major.

Anyone can help me?

I have 6 years experience