Wikiposts

MCSE Qualified and Needs Help for ACS

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MCSE Qualified and Needs Help for ACS

Originally Posted by arszone
Hi and I'm not RuDe, Sorry if u feel that way, Im here asking Help. and People dont Read the Post Properly. I mean Putting All in CAPS dont mean U r Talking Rude. I'm Just Makiing a Point to Properly READ ALL the POST Before Posting. And Where Does it SAY PUTTING IN CAPS MAKES THE POST RUDE

If you have a MCSE but write your emails like this, then I think you'll find it hard to get a IT job in Australia. Surely you are aware working in IT that netiquette considers CAPS IN AN EMAIL TO BE SHOUTING. [unless your caps lock key is stuck...]. Get rid of the attitude also - there are a lot of helpful people on this forum, who helped me when I started on the visa process 2 years ago. If you are rude, then no-one will help.

By the way, no-one I've spoken to in IT here in Oz takes any notice of ACS membership etc or mandates it for a job once you are here - its unfortunate you have to go through the hoop to get in.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arszone
Hi and I'm not RuDe, Sorry if u feel that way, Im here asking Help. and People dont Read the Post Properly. I mean Putting All in CAPS dont mean U r Talking Rude. I'm Just Makiing a Point to Properly READ ALL the POST Before Posting. And Where Does it SAY PUTTING IN CAPS MAKES THE POST RUDE

At least you got your user name right

Try starting again with a new username and a better attitude. Oh and get the stupid caps key on your keyboard fixed.

JTL
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:15 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

MCSE - Must Call Someone Experienced
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Amn_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'm MCSE too and I just completed the form, applying for Group B. I sent copies of each MS certificate. I understand that somtimes ACS asks for project reports so I sent a couple anyway for good measure
Hi,

I have 7 years of work experience and became MCSE Security on Windows 2003 on November 2006. I don't know whether I can apply under group B. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amn_2007
Hi,

I have 7 years of work experience and became MCSE Security on Windows 2003 on November 2006. I don't know whether I can apply under group B. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
I would say you probably can according to everyone else. The changes about MCSE dodnt seem to have happened.

Jo
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:58 pm
Respect My Authority!

Zoran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DagBoy
MCSE - Must Call Someone Experienced
LOL and very true ;-)))
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Amn_2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joho
I would say you probably can according to everyone else. The changes about MCSE dodnt seem to have happened.

Jo
Hi,

If you want to apply with the University degree, your professional experience is after your degree. I was working since 1997 and I'm a recently MCSE 2003: Security. I don't know whether they accept my work experience and I also don't know whether I have to send them some project reports. I'm still not sure to choose 2231-11 or 2231-79.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 12:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amn_2007
Hi,

If you want to apply with the University degree, your professional experience is after your degree. I was working since 1997 and I'm a recently MCSE 2003: Security. I don't know whether they accept my work experience and I also don't know whether I have to send them some project reports. I'm still not sure to choose 2231-11 or 2231-79.

Thanks for your help.
You should seek professional assistance from an agent familiar with IT/ACS applications.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You should seek professional assistance from an agent familiar with IT/ACS applications.
And an attitude counsellor?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

arszone is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your Reply. I was very Worried about what will happen. People in FORUM try to discourage me espcially in this forum like did u copy ur O/L or things like that. I really Appereciate Your Advice and am Following your reply.

Thanks a Milllion in Advance .

Originally Posted by FloridaLee
This is what I did . I have MCSE in NT4 with 10+ yrs experience and got a possitive ACS result 5 months ago. Make sure you get and send the temp login details to the MCP site so the ACS can view all your passed Microsoft exams online (see the MCP site on how to do this) as well as certified photocopies of your exam certs etc.

You do not need to do the RPL as an MCSE. This may change in the future , but for now you do not.

As for getting a copy of the app that someone else has completed, If you can't fill in the form yourself then i'm suprised you manged to pass your MCSE's :-)

There is nothing hard on the app so do not worry.

Make sure you read everything on how to apply for the ACS on the website, take your time and get everything together. Check .. double check .. then cross fingers
Old Feb 19th 2007, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

I've been in IT for 9 years now but have not done my MCSE or any MCP's yet as I have never needed them. However, we are looking at moving to Brisbane so would I be better of going and getting some MCP's and doing the ACS route, or forgetting the MSCE/MCP's and instead do the RPL route instead?

Hope that makes sense
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

andydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura about

Hi AndyR,

I was in a similar position to yourself when i applied to the ACS (RPL) i did not have an MCSE but had CCNA. My thinking was i'd get the RPL out of the way first, get approval and then I sat the MCSE exams as it's a long wait for the VISA process and at least it keeps your mind of the waiting.

Cheers

AndyD
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

Originally Posted by -=|MisterY|=-
)
Yep. Class B, as wmoore said.
Hope you don't mind me asking but does that mean you didn't need a Diploma either or did you have other post-secondary qualifications (apart from the MCSE) ?
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

-=|MisterY|=- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hottroc
Hope you don't mind me asking but does that mean you didn't need a Diploma either or did you have other post-secondary qualifications (apart from the MCSE) ?
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to that. I don't know anyone who actually completed the Class B assessment. I waited to complete the university, otherwise I'd be in Oz a long time ago.
But to me it sounds as if only the MCSE (or other certification) should suffice without other formal education (undergraduate).
Good luck
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:05 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

I passed every exam I could think of that was relevant to my experience. I figured a certificate is easier than proving knowledge through experience.

I had MCSE:2003 Security, CISSP,CCSP,CCNA,CWNA and CWSP along with a couple of little ones.

I also used an agent and was told to submit an RPL along with project reports.

I'm not sure now if I was advised incorrectly but as I got in with an MODL ASCO Code I'm happy anyway.

I'd be surprised if MCSE was enough.

Good luck to all who try, whatever route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.