MCSE,CCNA Migration to Perth

Old Oct 24th 2001, 2:06 pm
Steve

Hi does anyone know or have any information on how much experience you need to
qualify? I have both my MCSE and CCNA and am working towards my CCNP but only have 1
years actuall provable experience all be it with a worldwide company.

I have been to Perth and Cairnes but would obvously like to live/work in the Perth
area as Cairnes has no IT industry

Many thanks Steve

Old Oct 25th 2001, 11:03 am
Falk

mate...the job prospects in IT in australia is not looking very good......if u would
be looking for a position id go for sydney or melb cos the rest dont have much to
offer.....

>
need
    >
but
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 25th 2001, 11:53 am
Jaj

You will probably need 4 years experience to qualify for an ACS assessment if you
have MCSE etc, but no degree level qualification in
IT.http://www.acs.org.au

If you can get accepted as a full professional member of the BCS, this would allow
you to get an ACS assessment.

With an ACS assessment, you would separately need 18 months skilled work experience
to meet DIMA requirements.

Unless you have an Australian relative who can sponsor you - in which case other
options might be available if you have a non-IT degree - you need to get 4 years
experience.

In the meantime, assuming you have a British or Irish passport you could think about
coming to Australia on a 12 month working holiday visa.

Jeremy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 28th 2001, 7:17 am
Sm

My mate just arrived in Oz as an MCSE (he was an Aussie already). He cursed himself
because he had been working in dodgy countries to earn some extra dough. Got back and
found a job as a trainer within days and earns the same amount.

He's in Bris.

--

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:06:50 +0100, "steve" <[email protected]>[/usenetquote2]
wrote:
    >
[usenetquote2]> >Hi does anyone know or have any information on how much experience you[/usenetquote2]
need
[usenetquote2]> >to qualify? I have both my MCSE and CCNA and am working towards my CCNP[/usenetquote2]
but
[usenetquote2]> >only have 1 years actuall provable experience all be it with a worldwide company.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >I have been to Perth and Cairnes but would obvously like to live/work in[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> >Perth area as Cairnes has no IT industry [/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Many thanks Steve[/usenetquote2]
    >