Maybe over before I even start

Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

weener No 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Maybe over before I even start

I'm 38 and just realise when I turn 40 I drop 10 points so puts any chance of wishing to move to Oz out the question.

When you submit your application is it assesed on your current age or the age you are when the visa is granted?

If its the age you are when visa is granted its curtains for me.

Part of the joys of being old I guess...

May have a option of going through my partner as main applicant but she's only just started studying business and and management,which isn't on the SOL and will only be at beginner level and and with no experiance.

Not sure where to go from here....
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:31 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maybe over before I even start

Originally Posted by weener No 2
I'm 38 and just realise when I turn 40 I drop 10 points so puts any chance of wishing to move to Oz out the question.

When you submit your application is it assesed on your current age or the age you are when the visa is granted?

May have a option of going through my partner as main applicant but she's only just started studying business and and management,which isn't on the SOL and will only be at beginner level and and with no experiance.

I'm not sure which visa you're going for, so I just looked at 175, 176 & 475 eligibility. It states:

Age – Eligibility

You must be under 50 years of age at the time of applying for this visa.
They all mention the above. Also, the 475 eligibility states:

Points awarded

Your eligibility for points is determined by your age on the day of making your application.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Dfwavid is an unknown quantity at this point

Its usually on the age at date of application
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

themogsworthtiger has a brilliant futurethemogsworthtiger has a brilliant futurethemogsworthtiger has a brilliant futurethemogsworthtiger has a brilliant futurethemogsworthtiger has a brilliant futurethemogsworthtiger has a brilliant future

Dont panic i was 44 when 1st applied for a working visa, got it no problems but with the economic downturn we are just going to Aus and i am now nearly 50 so keep your head up and go for it matey.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:18 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

It's the age you are when you apply. Also you need to make sure you qualify for the visa you are applying for so check out the SOL list and make sure you fit the criteria.

Good luck mate
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all...

Thx for trying to keep me positive.

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation...

I'm just finishing a Diploma in Electrical and Electronic engineering which is the trade which I was hoping to use to bring to Oz. To achieve the 65 point mark under the 176 visa application if I dont have more than 3 years experience I fall short by 5 points. Sooooo....

I was originally planning on looking for work in my new trade early next year to start the 3 year ball rolling and to gain experience.

So with the Hol I was planning for early 2013 plus the time it takes to apply for visa etc I thought that should be around the 3 year mark (depending in me finding work)...but then thinking of it I would'nt have the required experiance at the point of application....hmmmm.

Thats my dilemma...not sure where to go at present
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all...

Thx for trying to keep me positive.

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation...

I'm just finishing a Diploma in Electrical and Electronic engineering which is the trade which I was hoping to use to bring to Oz. To achieve the 65 point mark under the 176 visa application if I dont have more than 3 years experience I fall short by 5 points. Sooooo....

I was originally planning on looking for work in my new trade early next year to start the 3 year ball rolling and to gain experience.

So with the Hol I was planning for early 2013 plus the time it takes to apply for visa etc I thought that should be around the 3 year mark (depending in me finding work)...but then thinking of it I would'nt have the required experiance at the point of application....hmmmm.

Thats my dilemma...not sure where to go at present
You will more than likely need 3 year experience before you can apply for the 176 visa -although I'm not sure how the 475 visa works and if you need the same amount of experience? Maybe someone else can help with that one.

Don't give in, good luck
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

As far as I know its all at the time of application so I wont have the relevant experience to get the 5 points I require.

May have 1 more slither of hope. I was re-looking at the SOL list to see if my Partners line if work is on there as this would also give us the 5 req'd points.

There are 2 sections I believe. Sol section 1 for people who don't require government sponsorship and section 1/2 for people who do. With the longer kist of occupations maybe she would fit into one of those categories. (She has a Level 2 in Fitness Instructing and will have a AS level in business studies) Can't seem to find these on either section of the SOL though.

Hanging in there by a thread but still not just yet given up. I will only go if I can get the 176 Visa as couldn't handle the uncertanty on the 475.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

As far as I know its all at the time of application so I wont have the relevant experience to get the 5 points I require.

May have 1 more slither of hope. I was re-looking at the SOL list to see if my Partners line if work is on there as this would also give us the 5 req'd points.

There are 2 sections I believe. Sol section 1 for people who don't require government sponsorship and section 1/2 for people who do. With the longer kist of occupations maybe she would fit into one of those categories. (She has a Level 2 in Fitness Instructing and will have a AS level in business studies) Can't seem to find these on either section of the SOL though.

Hanging in there by a thread but still not just yet given up. I will only go if I can get the 176 Visa as couldn't handle the uncertanty on the 475.
lets see how your making up the 65 points and maybe there are other ways of reaching that total.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Well, I was originally trying to go under my Occupation I'm currently studying which is a Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering but can't get enough points due to no experience.

I'm currently employed as a Manufacturing Engineer, which I think makes my job sound better than what it is. In my eyes I'm a Injection Moulding Technician.
I'm qualified to City and Guilds level 3 which I belive is equivalent to a Diploma.
With the 17 years experience I have this may give me enough points on the 175/176 Visa class but its not on the SOL.

I maybe able to still apply for the 176 Visa, but will require sponsorship which maybe hard to achieve.

I have asked the question to a couple of immigration experts which I have found online, one of which showed no interest in myself but the other asked for me to send in my CV which he will look through to see if any Trades suit, but if he does he says there fees are £2200 and with the Visa processing fees etc etc I will be facing a bill of around £5,500

Anyway, thats way down the line. Struggling to cross the first hurdle at present.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Well, I was originally trying to go under my Occupation I'm currently studying which is a Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering but can't get enough points due to no experience.

I'm currently employed as a Manufacturing Engineer, which I think makes my job sound better than what it is. In my eyes I'm a Injection Moulding Technician.
I'm qualified to City and Guilds level 3 which I belive is equivalent to a Diploma.
With the 17 years experience I have this may give me enough points on the 175/176 Visa class but its not on the SOL.

I maybe able to still apply for the 176 Visa, but will require sponsorship which maybe hard to achieve.

I have asked the question to a couple of immigration experts which I have found online, one of which showed no interest in myself but the other asked for me to send in my CV which he will look through to see if any Trades suit, but if he does he says there fees are £2200 and with the Visa processing fees etc etc I will be facing a bill of around £5,500

Anyway, thats way down the line. Struggling to cross the first hurdle at present.
It is really difficult to advise as your posts are a little confusing.

You have mentioned a points shortage, so somebody suggested you post up your points calculation, I agree that would help us to help you.

If your current job is not on the SOL then you canot apply under that occupation. Do you mean your occupation is not on schedule one or two of the SOL?

But getting a diploma in another occupation is no good unless you actually work in that occupation - is this your plan?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I'll try to explain a little clearer...

My current job is a Injection Moulding Technician and I cant find this occupation on the SOL but they can't list every occupation on there so it may come under a sub category i.e. maintance fitter or I put it under, Machine operators, metal fitters and Machinists.
Bottom line is there is no "injection moulding technician " on the SOL.

With the above entered onto the points system I achieve:

175 Visa: Applicant is not eligible for 175 visa because their occupation is not on the SOL
176 Visa: Applicant is eligible for the 176 state sponsored visa.
Age, 25. General Education,10. English Lan, 20. Occup experience 15. Sponsorship by state gov, 5. TOTAL 75

My other occupation which I'm currently studying and will finish within 8 months I do plan to look for work in that trade but under "occupation experience", it states 0-3 years, 3-10 years etc and you get points relevant, so I need to be in my new line of work for over 3 years to gain any futher points which isn't visible as I will then be over 40 so will loose points there instead, hence the catch 22 situation.

I may have a path through cy current occupation as mentioned above but thats if its possible to find a category it fits under on the SOL.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for you guys for trying to help.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:09 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

There is a term "closely related occupation" where the titles do not have to match, you go by the details of what you actually do. If it fits the standard, it does not matter what it's called. I think DIAC has detailed description of duties for each code (well, used to). Did you read TRA or VETASSESS whichever does the skills assessment for one of these codes, do you satisfy assessment criteria?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
There is a term "closely related occupation" where the titles do not have to match, you go by the details of what you actually do. If it fits the standard, it does not matter what it's called. I think DIAC has detailed description of duties for each code (well, used to). Did you read TRA or VETASSESS whichever does the skills assessment for one of these codes, do you satisfy assessment criteria?
I'm on a fast learning curve at present so will look into this some more. I'll do some research on TRA and Vetasses. Thx
Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, I'll try to explain a little clearer...

My current job is a Injection Moulding Technician and I cant find this occupation on the SOL but they can't list every occupation on there so it may come under a sub category i.e. maintance fitter or I put it under, Machine operators, metal fitters and Machinists.
Bottom line is there is no "injection moulding technician " on the SOL.

With the above entered onto the points system I achieve:

175 Visa: Applicant is not eligible for 175 visa because their occupation is not on the SOL
176 Visa: Applicant is eligible for the 176 state sponsored visa.
Age, 25. General Education,10. English Lan, 20. Occup experience 15. Sponsorship by state gov, 5. TOTAL 75

My other occupation which I'm currently studying and will finish within 8 months I do plan to look for work in that trade but under "occupation experience", it states 0-3 years, 3-10 years etc and you get points relevant, so I need to be in my new line of work for over 3 years to gain any futher points which isn't visible as I will then be over 40 so will loose points there instead, hence the catch 22 situation.

I may have a path through cy current occupation as mentioned above but thats if its possible to find a category it fits under on the SOL.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for you guys for trying to help.
If you already have 75 points you should be speaking with the TRA and getting the skills assesment sorted with an industry category that is on the list if possible, if it is then you can apply for the visa now, remember a PR visa does not force you to do the work you got the visa for, so if you get to australia and choose a different line of work thats up to you.

Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.