Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

May it be good idea to do medicals as soon as possible ?

May it be good idea to do medicals as soon as possible ?

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

lotr will become famous soon enough
Question May it be good idea to do medicals as soon as possible ?

Let's suppose there is a CSL applicant called Amy who lodged on Sept 2008.
Then a CO is assigned to Amy's case on May 1st 2009.
But Amy didn't frontloaded her medicals, so the CO asks Amy to do the medicals, but the medicals takes about 2 months during processing, so they would be ready on July 1st 2009.
In this example, during May 1st 2009 and July 1st 2009, I guess the CO is assigned to other applicants' cases, for example: Bertha, Charles and Daniel, who lodged on Jan 2009, and Bertha, Charles and Daniel have frontloaded their medicals and PCC, so Bertha, Charles and Daniel might have a visa before Amy , am I right ?

I'm guessing that every CSL applicant is frontloading his/her medicals now and because of that, HOC may have too much work then medicals may take more than 2 months during processing. So, it may be good idea to do medicals as soon as possible, am I right ?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May it be good idea to do medicals as soon as possible ?

Originally Posted by lotr
Let's suppose there is a CSL applicant called Amy who lodged on Sept 2008.
Then a CO is assigned to Amy's case on May 1st 2009.
But Amy didn't frontloaded her medicals, so the CO asks Amy to do the medicals, but the medicals takes about 2 months during processing, so they would be ready on July 1st 2009.
In this example, during May 1st 2009 and July 1st 2009, I guess the CO is assigned to other applicants' cases, for example: Bertha, Charles and Daniel, who lodged on Jan 2009, and Bertha, Charles and Daniel have frontloaded their medicals and PCC, so Bertha, Charles and Daniel might have a visa before Amy , am I right ?

I'm guessing that every CSL applicant is frontloading his/her medicals now and because of that, HOC may have too much work then medicals may take more than 2 months during processing. So, it may be good idea to do medicals as soon as possible, am I right ?
If I was a pre-Dec 2008 CSL applicant I would complete meds now. However you should only do it if you are prepared for the 12 month rule about validating your visa within 12 months of the earliest of meds or PCC. So if you do your meds in May 2009, you need to be prepared to travel to Australia by April 2010 to validate you visa, even if you only get it in March 2010 (but obviously it should be sooner than that).