British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   May 2009 Visa Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/may-2009-visa-applicants-608928/)

aliah Jul 29th 2010 11:04 pm

Re: May 2009 Visa Applicants

@Intellect20
when will you email your CO again???????????

intellect20 Jul 29th 2010 11:06 pm

On completion of 2 months time since CO's response..

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8740084)
@Intellect20
when will you email your CO again???????????

Mr.AD Jul 30th 2010 2:16 am

Can someone tell me how can I get my visa stamped from Australian High Commission Pakistan. Would I just need to mail my passport along with Visa Grant Letter only?

mustafa_jaleel Jul 30th 2010 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Mr.AD (Post 8740375)
Can someone tell me how can I get my visa stamped from Australian High Commission Pakistan. Would I just need to mail my passport along with Visa Grant Letter only?

DHL or TCS, you can use them to send your passport; There is nothing needed along with passport(S) as far as I know :)

Mughal Jul 30th 2010 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Mr.AD (Post 8740375)

Dear MD. Was you application online or paper?
What is you rapplication approve date?
When did you receive you grant letter?

khdmah Jul 30th 2010 8:09 pm

@ Mustafa : Right !!!!

Dear Mr.AD;

Mustafa had already told you process ..... just to make addtion below is link and process of how to get visa stamp on your passport

http://www.pakistan.embassy.gov.au/i...Migration.html
Check Evidencing Visas

Just you need to send your passport, return address and copy of your grant letter through TCS or DHL or of your choice deleivery service

best of luck :thumbsup:

Regards

Mughal Aug 3rd 2010 6:34 am

Originally Posted by intellect20 (Post 8739964)
Yes offcourse.

What is Passenger Card? Can any one help me?

Mughal Aug 3rd 2010 6:41 am

Originally Posted by vsuccess (Post 8738595)
It depends when do you intend to travel? If it is in a month or two, you can get your passport renewed from our high commission here in Australia but remember machine readable passports are yet not started issuing from our foreign embassies.

However, if you are planning your first trip after October than obviously you have to get new passport. However, you can get visa evidenced either on your current or new passports, it wouldn't matter at all.

I have sent passport with copy of grant letter to AUS embassy in Islamabad. Would they stamp when my passport will expire in the end of Oct-2010?
Note: My letter says to reach in AUS before mid of Nov-2010. I am intended to fly in September for an (2 weeks) entry. They may understand my intention to travel immediately. Right?

adeel.zafar Aug 3rd 2010 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Mughal (Post 8750322)
I have sent passport with copy of grant letter to AUS embassy in Islamabad. Would they stamp when my passport will expire in the end of Oct-2010?
Note: My letter says to reach in AUS before mid of Nov-2010. I am intended to fly in September for an (2 weeks) entry. They may understand my intention to travel immediately. Right?

I would suggest to get a new passport from Pakistan before coming to australia.. because once you come to Australia, you will not be able to get Machine readable passport from here... you will get the old hand written passport....

mustafa_jaleel Aug 3rd 2010 7:26 am

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar (Post 8750411)
I would suggest to get a new passport from Pakistan before coming to australia.. because once you come to Australia, you will not be able to get Machine readable passport from here... you will get the old hand written passport....

Yeah! you are absolutely right and I would recommend what you just said.

Mughal Aug 3rd 2010 7:29 am

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 8750416)
Yeah! you are absolutely right and I would recommend what you just said.

But i have a plan to return back to Pak before my passport expires.

mustafa_jaleel Aug 3rd 2010 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Mughal (Post 8750421)
But i have a plan to return back to Pak before my passport expires.

I guess then there should be no issues then ... I will try to dig around and if get any info then I shall share that later.

Pollyana Aug 3rd 2010 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Mughal (Post 8750315)
What is Passenger Card? Can any one help me?

A Passenger Card is a card everyone has to fill in before they go through Immigration on arrival in Australia. You have to fill one in every time you arrive in the country, even if you are an Australian. You need to fill in details such as your passport number, nationality and point of origin, and you also need to declare if you are bringing in any restricted products such as food, drugs, or plant material.

vsuccess Aug 3rd 2010 1:14 pm

Though most of the embassies/consulates of many countries explicity ask for atleast 6 month validity of a passport, my perception in your case is it shouldn't be a requirement as you will travel to AU on permanent visa.

However it was better, if you should have provided a cover letter stating your visit plan. Anyways, you have already posted so lets wait and see the outcome. Hope it would be positive.

Originally Posted by Mughal (Post 8750322)

Mughal Aug 3rd 2010 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by vsuccess (Post 8751031)
Though most of the embassies/consulates of many countries explicity ask for atleast 6 month validity of a passport, my perception in your case is it shouldn't be a requirement as you will travel to AU on permanent visa.

However it was better, if you should have provided a cover letter stating your visit plan. Anyways, you have already posted so lets wait and see the outcome. Hope it would be positive.

Thanks! Your answer is very logical i believe. Should i write them an email (AUS embassy in Islamabad) to share my plan (immediate leaving) to help my passport stamped?