British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   May 2009 Visa Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/may-2009-visa-applicants-608928/)

ashfaq Jun 9th 2010 8:25 am

Re: May 2009 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8621278)
form 80 met means those hectic security checks are over???
Hope so :)

aliah is right. I also think like that. It's now a matter of wait which is not much I believe. hope for the best...

aliah Jun 9th 2010 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ashfaq (Post 8621332)
aliah is right. I also think like that. It's now a matter of wait which is not much I believe. hope for the best...

my online checklist didn`t have work exp,PCC and form 80 listed on it...so i was unable to view their status...
i asked CO two days back abt work exp and PCC and he displayed both("met)" and said application is undergoing internal checks and few months wait etc....
i forgot to ask form 80 which i think is also important thing to know status of!
should i ask CO to display that as well???
i am hesitant to email him again just after one day :(

ashfaq Jun 9th 2010 8:50 am

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8621368)
my online checklist didn`t have work exp,PCC and form 80 listed on it...so i was unable to view their status...
i asked CO two days back abt work exp and PCC and he displayed both("met)" and said application is undergoing internal checks and few months wait etc....
i forgot to ask form 80 which i think is also important thing to know status of!

I think u should wait for July in order to email again to ur CO for the status of form 80..

proximo Jun 9th 2010 8:58 am

In my opinion you can email him after one day if you have a genuine question. If u keep asking your CO about the status of your case everyday, that will cause a problem and may be he even advise you not to do that. However, I don't think that asking about your Form 80 would create any complication. I think one shouldn't hesitate whenever one has a legitimate inquiry.

Best Regards
ProXimO

aliah Jun 9th 2010 9:10 am

Originally Posted by proximo (Post 8621395)
In my opinion you can email him after one day if you have a genuine question. If u keep asking your CO about the status of your case everyday, that will cause a problem and may be he even advise you not to do that. However, I don't think that asking about your Form 80 would create any complication. I think one shouldn't hesitate whenever one has a legitimate inquiry.

Best Regards
ProXimO

Thanks bro...
yes i was only curious to seek update on form 80 coz thats the only thing whose status is unknown...
My available checklist is all "met"...including work exp,PCC meds.

shafaqat309 Jun 9th 2010 9:18 am

You can send email if your question is really important for your application, in my case first i sent additional documents he asked and next day i sent another emial regarding spelling mistake by him in my daughter's name.

aliah Jun 9th 2010 10:59 am

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8621427)
You can send email if your question is really important for your application, in my case first i sent additional documents he asked and next day i sent another emial regarding spelling mistake by him in my daughter's name.

Thanks everyone for their comments.
I emailed and asked for inclusion of form 80 and form 1277 with current status on doc checklist and asked pardon and that i dont need any other update.
I shall remain silent now and won`t disturb him again!:zzz:

aliah Jun 10th 2010 4:56 am

Form 80 appeared on document checklist today and status is "further checking required"
i believe that this is the bottleneck now and the day it goes into "met",something can be expected any moment :cool:
status now:all " met" except form 80!!!

funky_beat Jun 10th 2010 5:14 am

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8623457)
i believe that this is the bottleneck now and the day it goes into "met",something can be expected any moment :cool:

Well, we hope so. For me its already met for a week now and I haven't received the call for medical or PCC.

shafaqat309 Jun 10th 2010 5:22 am

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8623457)
Form 80 appeared on document checklist today and status is "further checking required"

did you request CO for from 80 to be listed on checklist?

aliah Jun 10th 2010 5:57 am

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8623496)

yes

jovipk Jun 10th 2010 7:06 am

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8623496)

What is the big game, either its shown or not, some CO have got the habit of not changing accordingly and some do, as I am Paperbased so for me its :thumbdown:

aliah Jun 10th 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by jovipk (Post 8623615)
What is the big game, either its shown or not, some CO have got the habit of not changing accordingly and some do, as I am Paperbased so for me its :thumbdown:

But if CO is regularly updating your status then it really keeps your nerves calm :thumbup:

Mughal Jun 12th 2010 9:12 am

What about the May-2009 applicants? Is someone got visa granted? Is there some movement at IMMI office?
How long we will have to wait further?
App. 31-May-2009
CLS/MODL
CO Oct-2009
Med Nov-2009
PCC Nov-2009
Form80 Nov-2009
Pakistan.

525252 Jun 12th 2010 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mughal (Post 8628026)
What about the May-2009 applicants? Is someone got visa granted? Is there some movement at IMMI office?
How long we will have to wait further?
App. 31-May-2009
CLS/MODL
CO Oct-2009
Med Nov-2009
PCC Nov-2009
Form80 Nov-2009
Pakistan.

unfortunately the answer to that is NO :thumbdown: