Wikiposts

May 12 Announcements

Old May 11th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

joshattack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default May 12 Announcements

Its already May 12. I believe the government was expected to give details on the new migration rules changes. Does anyone know anything in more details.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:49 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May 12 Announcements

Originally Posted by joshattack
Its already May 12. I believe the government was expected to give details on the new migration rules changes. Does anyone know anything in more details.
I'd like to know the same...
Old May 11th 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

dreamzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Today is the federal budget day.. we may receive some news about immigration on the budget...
Old May 11th 2009, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Lizzie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...-budget-09.htm
Old May 11th 2009, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

oengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dreamzz
Today is the federal budget day.. we may receive some news about immigration on the budget...
Hi to all,
I have found this link regarding your thread. hope this helps.

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...-budget-09.htm
Old May 11th 2009, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

check this fact sheet,
more details about 2009-2010 program. There seems to be alot of changes for trade occupations starting from 1 Jan 2010.

Last edited by mavios; May 11th 2009 at 10:44 pm.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:39 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Skilled migration program for 2009-10 down from 115,000 to 108,000 which is about 6%.

That doesn't seem so bad until you look at the projected 2008-09 figures which were 135,000 on that figure the 2009-10 program is down 20%.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

timkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mavios
check this fact sheet,
more details about 2009-2010 program. There seems to be alot of changes for trade occupations.
Thank God IT is still under CSL.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Bad news for those who aren't SS or on the CSL and tradies isn't it?
Old May 11th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ex_exile
That doesn't seem so bad until you look at the projected 2008-09 figures which were 135,000 on that figure the 2009-10 program is down 20%.
There's a smaller pool of applicants that they're processing though. Only those who are SS or on the CSL.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiestar
There's a smaller pool of applicants that they're processing though. Only those who are SS or on the CSL.
I think they will process MODL and non-MODL too after 30 Jun 2009. It's not mentioned though but I think this statement refer to it in some way

Note, that under the priority arrangements, fewer trades-level occupations will be granted a visa
in 2009–10

Last edited by mavios; May 11th 2009 at 10:51 pm.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think they will process MODL too after 30 Jun 2009. It's not mentioned though but I think this statement refer to it in some way
I didn't read it in that way at all. Just that current processing priorities are staying in place.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cookiestar
I didn't read it in that way at all. Just that current processing priorities are staying in place.
Yeah

but I was searching for something related to MODL and NON-MODL. But, the announcement still doesn't give much. I guess we have to wait to see.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

joshattack is an unknown quantity at this point

check this fact sheet,
more details about 2009-2010 program. There seems to be alot of changes for trade occupations starting from 1 Jan 2010.
I guess after reading the fact sheet. The advise for everyone on CSL is not to book medical or PCC till Co requests for it. The reason being since they have imposed a caps/quota on number of skilled migration, there is a chance that the applicants might be put on hold till next financial year.
Old May 11th 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I guess after reading the fact sheet. The advise for everyone on CSL is not to book medical or PCC till Co requests for it. The reason being since they have imposed a caps/quota on number of skilled migration, there is a chance that the applicants might be put on hold till next financial year.
I think what is ment by the cap is putting the MODL / non-MODL on hold (especially those with CO). for the CSL it's only a month and a half so I don't think it will effect the medicals even if the cap is already reached.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.