Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Max period between ACS assessment and start of immigration process

Max period between ACS assessment and start of immigration process

Old Jul 10th 2003, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

mrfrosty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Max period between ACS assessment and start of immigration process

Hi,

I'm just wondering how long the ACS assesment is valid for, before you have to take another assessment. I'm going to apply for my ACS assessment this month, but am not going to start the full immigration process probably until the end of the year/beginning of next year.

Marcus
Old Jul 10th 2003, 8:33 am
earlswood

Hi MrFrosty!

As far as I'm aware once you get a positive assesment it will last for 1 yr.
(we're waiting for our result from the ACS too)

Earlswood

Old Jul 10th 2003, 8:41 am

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by earlswood
Hi MrFrosty!

As far as I'm aware once you get a positive assesment it will last for 1 yr.
(we're waiting for our result from the ACS too)

Earlswood
mr frosty,

ACS - 1 Year

cheers

kev
Old Jul 10th 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Default ACS assessment expiration date?

Hi,

I'm looking to submit my ACS paperwork later this month, and if successful continue with the migration process a number of months later after the confirmaton.

Is there any expiry date on these assessments? just so I make sure I can continue with the process without undergoing another assessment.

Marcus
Old Jul 10th 2003, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Nice to know, hopefully if all goes well I'll be well into the immigration process by this time next year

Marcus
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 10:56 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default It will probably

take nearly that long to come back anyway. Allow at least 3 months
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 4:39 pm
matethreat

Default ??????

You say it is good for one year?

Now that doesn't work like medicals. You are meaning that you have to apply for your visa before a year after receiving your ACS.

Just saying it is only good for one year would be ridiculous. Most people would receive their ACS before they apply, and since most applications take a year or more, everyone would have to re apply for their ACS before being allowed to immigrate.\

As long as DIMIA receives your application with your ACS before a year has passed since you received it, you should be fine.

Old Aug 3rd 2003, 6:04 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS assessment expiration date?

Originally posted by mrfrosty
Is there any expiry date on these assessments? just so I make sure I can continue with the process without undergoing another assessment.
http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#l002

http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#k001

Peter
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 6:13 pm
matethreat

Default Well

I received my Skilled Assessment from the Institute of Austrlian Engineers on the 6th of August 2002, I then Applied in October for my Skilled Independant Visa.

So what you are saying then is if I don't receive my visa in the next 2 days then I will have to re apply for my skills assessment.

Old Aug 3rd 2003, 6:17 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well

Originally posted by matethreat
I received my Skilled Assessment from the Institute of Austrlian Engineers on the 6th of August 2002, I then Applied in October for my Skilled Independant Visa.

So what you are saying then is if I don't receive my visa in the next 2 days then I will have to re apply for my skills assessment.
My FAQ dealt with ACS skills assessments' validity (1 year).

If your IEA skills assessment has no expiry date, then you don't have to worry. Please read your assessment carefully. The expiry date should be clearly printed, if any.

Peter
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 6:25 pm
matethreat

Default My Apology

I was grouping the assessments into one category. I don't believe I have an expiry on my assessment. The qualifaction just required that you work in your related fiel 3 of the 4 years before you apply, with no expiry that I can see on the assessment.

Thanks

Old Aug 3rd 2003, 6:28 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Default Re: My Apology

Originally posted by matethreat
The qualifaction just required that you work in your related fiel 3 of the 4 years before you apply
Good for you that your IEA assessment has no expiry date.

Note that the 3 of 4 year specific work experience is only required if you need the associated points to meet the passmark. Some people have sufficient points not to need to rely on specific work experience points, so it's not a must-have for everyone.

Peter