Marriage after application.

Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

woodview is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage after application.

My son and his fiancee have applied for 136 MODL visa. We have had the money taken recently, so they are in the system at last. They have now decided to get married before they go. They are looking at April 2008 and hopefully starting their new life in Oz soon after, visa permitting.
Has anyone been in the same position? We were wondering about changing Stacies passport, joint accounts etc. Would it be better going in on her maiden name (as I'm guessing the visas will be in that) and changing her passport via the British Embassy once they are there? Will there be a problem opening joint bank accounts there if they have been in single names over here? Or would it just be easier delaying going in order to get everything sorted out here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gill. (Matt's mum).
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage after application.

Originally Posted by woodview
My son and his fiancee have applied for 136 MODL visa. We have had the money taken recently, so they are in the system at last. They have now decided to get married before they go. They are looking at April 2008 and hopefully starting their new life in Oz soon after, visa permitting.
Has anyone been in the same position? We were wondering about changing Stacies passport, joint accounts etc. Would it be better going in on her maiden name (as I'm guessing the visas will be in that) and changing her passport via the British Embassy once they are there? Will there be a problem opening joint bank accounts there if they have been in single names over here? Or would it just be easier delaying going in order to get everything sorted out here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gill. (Matt's mum).
Has his fiancee already been included on the application as a de-facto spouse?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

woodview is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage after application.

Thanks for the info. She has already been included on the application, so it would seem better to leave everything and sort it when they get over there. Would she just need to contact the British Embassy to get her new passport then contact the DIAC? Is it straight forward?
Gill.