British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/marchies-07-organising-move-468826/)

brissie-here-we-come Jul 25th 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Marchies 07 - Organising the move!!!

Originally Posted by bundybell (Post 5104721)
Thanks for this,
we wasted $10 !!good to know though.
Is it the same for bike licenses do you know.
Teryna

not sure about that one,not sure if S-J has found out yet as her hubby is taking over his bike,can ring and ask my sis tonight though as her other half would know he's into his bikes.got to ask her a few more questions anyway.

kels x

bundybell Jul 25th 2007 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come (Post 5105311)
not sure about that one,not sure if S-J has found out yet as her hubby is taking over his bike,can ring and ask my sis tonight though as her other half would know he's into his bikes.got to ask her a few more questions anyway.

kels x

cheers kels that will be good.
Thanks
Teryna

brissie-here-we-come Jul 25th 2007 8:42 pm

Will let you know if S-J doesnt first :D

kels x

LiverpoolLass Jul 25th 2007 8:44 pm

Hiya,

Got a quick question for ya'll. How do you get the visa sticker in the passport? Do you just print off the pdf grant letter and send it with your passports to Australia House in London. Sorry for being a bit thick :huh: but it wasn't clear to me?!? Also for those who have the lovely sticker in your passport, did you use registered mail or courier??

Thanks Guys!

Janet X

s-jmelbournewannabe Jul 25th 2007 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by LiverpoolLass (Post 5105474)
Hiya,

Got a quick question for ya'll. How do you get the visa sticker in the passport? Do you just print off the pdf grant letter and send it with your passports to Australia House in London. Sorry for being a bit thick :huh: but it wasn't clear to me?!? Also for those who have the lovely sticker in your passport, did you use registered mail or courier??

Thanks Guys!

Janet X

As far as i'm aware you just swop your licence and it has the bit that you can ride a bike of whatever cc.. similar to UK..

yes Janet, just sent mine via royal mail next day for under a fiver and my card details so they could take the payment for a next day delivery back to me.... just send passports and grant letter for visa and a quick covering letter... easy peasy!! xxx :thumbsup:

Amajon Jul 25th 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Guys
I have a magic visa (136 modl) but with a house that isn't selling. Been on the market 4 weeks now. We don't have to be there till may 08 so there's no pressure yet.:unsure:Although we would like to be there as soon as poss as I have had a job for a year next week. This time last year we were doing our reccie, so keep saying "what wer
e we doing this time last yr" sh*t I'd just lost everything, but I knew my BE computer course had taught me how to get it back again:rofl::thumbsup:
I know what you mean about butterflies and excitement. Just reading this new thread has got me really excited. Thanks sj
Once we've got an offer on the house it will be all systems go and everything crossed as I have to give 8 weeks notice, so hoping that everything goes through ok.:unsure:Well I'm on my hols this week and trying to chill :cool:as it may be my last before the real work and excitement begins. Good Luck eveyone
Janet send it in a silver pouch from royal mail with a silver pouch sae plus a covering letter to say what you are requesting also print the first page of your grant letter. it should tell you in your grant and evidencing email
Amanda

Amajon Jul 25th 2007 8:52 pm

oh yeah passports help as well der:rofl:
and I haven't been drinking
Amanda

LiverpoolLass Jul 25th 2007 8:53 pm

Thanks Guys for the the sticker info. Just wanted to check - I'm all over the place :ohmy:

sophjam Jul 25th 2007 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by somme (Post 5103693)
I am nervous today, don't know wether to rent our house out or sell it, lovely village, lovely spot beamed light and airy cottage fab, if it didn't work out I would have been sorry to leave here.

Could some one give me some bravery please :(

Ill give you some if you send it right back im in exactly the same position im four doors off my parents in the cul de sac ive grown up in sophie loves her home and i just dont know what to do if we leave it it might be harder to get on the ladder there as prices on the up if it doesnt work out no home at home. Gut feeling is to sell and face it when it/if it comes. start a fresh i think thats what we will do as prices here are levelling off now. Be Brave;) Ive found people cant understand why we are wanting to uproot at our age when we are comfortable, i think they think we are either mad or doing it for attention. Dont care at all just praying its ok and we are together and happy.

s-jmelbournewannabe Jul 26th 2007 11:20 am

Originally Posted by sophjam (Post 5105542)
Ill give you some if you send it right back im in exactly the same position im four doors off my parents in the cul de sac ive grown up in sophie loves her home and i just dont know what to do if we leave it it might be harder to get on the ladder there as prices on the up if it doesnt work out no home at home. Gut feeling is to sell and face it when it/if it comes. start a fresh i think thats what we will do as prices here are levelling off now. Be Brave;) Ive found people cant understand why we are wanting to uproot at our age when we are comfortable, i think they think we are either mad or doing it for attention. Dont care at all just praying its ok and we are together and happy.

Good for you, all i will say is that you are all together, your house is just bricks and mortar... Home is where the family is, thats you, your husband and your children.. xxx You're living your dream, lives are for living not just being content.. x :thumbsup: GO FOR IT!

s-jmelbournewannabe Jul 26th 2007 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by The Moore Family (Post 5105247)
Hi S-j

Haven't spoken for a while, didn't realise you were heading for Noosa, we are going to be heading out there in 3 weeks and i'm absolutely cr***ing myself, really can't wait to get there but not looking forward to the goodbyes!!
We are staying in a holiday complex called Woolgarin in Noosaville for 3 weeks in which time we are hoping to find a rental. I haven't looked at schools yet, thought i would do that when we get there, but do like the look of Sunshine Beach Primary.

Maybe we can meet up when you get there,(should have hopefully settled in by then!!) and have a few tinnies lol

Anyway have to go and carry on packing and putting stuff on Ebay.

Speak to you soon

Love Nicky xx:thumbsup:

Nicky,

Didnt realise you were so close to leaving, bet it's hectic round yours. We're not actually staying in Noosa, initially we are at Perigian Beach and dropping hire car off at Noosa..

:eek:
Off to Amsterdam this weekend for my birthday cake from Simon!!! :rofl:

brissie-here-we-come Jul 26th 2007 1:49 pm

Hope you really enjoy that cake S-J :rofl: , like i already know you will,better bring me some back and i'll be strait round yours monday :rofl:
seriously hope you have a really good time and enjoy your break from the kids, and enjoy the time with si.

kels x

somme Jul 26th 2007 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 5108228)
Nicky,

Didnt realise you were so close to leaving, bet it's hectic round yours. We're not actually staying in Noosa, initially we are at Perigian Beach and dropping hire car off at Noosa..

:eek:
Off to Amsterdam this weekend for my birthday cake from Simon!!! :rofl:

Nice one S-J

s-jmelbournewannabe Jul 26th 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks guys,

just been reclaiming my bank/cc charges back.. hope i get them as there's more than i thought:lol:

S-j x

LisaD_uk Jul 29th 2007 6:06 am

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 5107741)
Good for you, all i will say is that you are all together, your house is just bricks and mortar... Home is where the family is, thats you, your husband and your children.. xxx You're living your dream, lives are for living not just being content.. x :thumbsup: GO FOR IT!

Nice one S-j I couldn't agree more.

Going to Crete on Tuesday and it says they are having a heat wave with temps of over 100 bloody hell I will fry, pass the lard.:thumbup: