March 2008 Applicants

Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: March 2008 Applicants

Hi all,

we applied for RSMS ( paper app) on 20/3/08 and got case officer today...

really hope the rest of the process goes at this pace as we are desperate to buy a house and get out of hospital accommodation

good luck to all

Sarah
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Congratulations nigelb and good luck
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi all,

we applied for RSMS ( paper app) on 20/3/08 and got case officer today...

really hope the rest of the process goes at this pace as we are desperate to buy a house and get out of hospital accommodation

good luck to all

Sarah
Hiya Sarah

Wow...that's fantastic!!! How long have you been in Alice Springs? Have you been working on a 457? What's the weather like in Alice Springs...hot?

regards Angela
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Hiya, we are in the same boat.

House is on the market for about the same as yours...detatched bungalow, double garage, driveway parking for 3, large garden, etc etc.

Unfortunately, the market has just gone dead...there is just no movement in it. The agent advised us to drop it down by 10,000 but we decided that we will not sell just now...certainly not way under what it's worth!!!

Apparently there is fear of a crash in the market just now and there are just no buyers out there willing to take a chance...so in light of this, there are loads of tenants out there wanting to rent. So we are just going to rent it out for 4 or 5 years or until the market livens up again, then we'll just come back and sell.

That way, someone else pays the mortgage just now and we will probably get more out in a few years or when the market heats up a bit. This way we don't lose anything!!
Sorry for the late repsonse Bear family. I wish like you, we could rent but we need the equity in our house to make the move. We were thinking of trying to part ex with a smaller property. That way we could release our equity and still have a property to come back to IF it didnt work out. OH does not want to do that though. He wants to sell and have no ties here. I am trying to tell him that this may be the ONLY way for us to go.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

I know how you feel - we keep getting into debates about what to do - i would prefer to sell as we need the equity - also dont want to be working over there and sending money here to coverthe mortgage as i wont get enough from sub letting the house while we are away. But.......with the housing market as it is i may have no choice - we have only been on maket two weeks so probably just being pessimistic for nothing 'fingers crossed'
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

If you do decide to let out your property, does that mean you have to convert to a "buy to let" mortgage?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi Angela

Yes we are in Alice on a 457 visa, we arrived in January. It is a wonderful place to live and work. Everyone is so friendly and because a lot of people pass through for 3,6,9 months they are used to orientating new faces to work and community very quickly. My daughter has settled into school really well. The weather is amazing, sun everyday, its autumn /winter here apparently so only 30degrees during the day...no dramas.. it gets down to 8 degrees some nights but thats lovely!!!
We really want our PR so we can feel properly settled but 457 was ideal to get us out of UK after our court case asap.

good luck to all March 2008 applicants

Where are you headed Angela?
best wishes
Sarah
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by THORPES
Sorry for the late repsonse Bear family. I wish like you, we could rent but we need the equity in our house to make the move. We were thinking of trying to part ex with a smaller property. That way we could release our equity and still have a property to come back to IF it didnt work out. OH does not want to do that though. He wants to sell and have no ties here. I am trying to tell him that this may be the ONLY way for us to go.

Hiya Thorpes' Family

We could also do with having the money in or pocket really but not at the "expence" of losing money on the
deal!!

Brian will go straight into work when we get downunder, we will be on a 457 so we won't be able to buy for some time anyway. We'll just save as much as we can during that time and when we get our PR through, we will buy and put everything we've saved into it, then when we eventually sell our house over here we can just take that and put it straight into paying off whatever mortgage we have left downunder!!

Sincerely hope everything works out for you and you find a buyer really soon!

regards Angela
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

If you do decide to let out your property, does that mean you have to convert to a "buy to let" mortgage?
You dont "have" to... You are supposed to let your mortgage lender know if you're not residing in the property and if someone else is. Its only because there are different terms and conditions to a residential mortgage and a Buy To Let mortgage. Quite often though people let out their property and don't tell the lender and there is technically nothing the lender can do, the reason a lot of people to dont tell is because normally BTL rates are higher than residential.

But its up to whether you do or not and they can't take anyone else's word for it apart from yours. so if a tenant told your lender they cant act on that, it has to be your word.
Hope that helps!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Not sure preferebly not - my friend lets her house just now and has regular mortgage with permission from the bank.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that regarding not having to tell your mortgage lender about rentingthe property out.
I'm still trying to persuade OH that this may be the only way to release our equity and go to Australia. He can only think of 1 thing at a time and once something is agreed, he doesnt like change. Bless him! :curse::curse:
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Angib
I know how you feel - we keep getting into debates about what to do - i would prefer to sell as we need the equity - also dont want to be working over there and sending money here to coverthe mortgage as i wont get enough from sub letting the house while we are away. But.......with the housing market as it is i may have no choice - we have only been on maket two weeks so probably just being pessimistic for nothing 'fingers crossed'
I can't decide either. OH is set on selling. I'd like to rent it out for 1 year - so we can give Australia a "trial run" and have a place to return to IF things don't work out as planned. It's also easier on the grandparents saying we're going for 1 year.

On the other hand, if we sell now, we can buy where ever we want if we come back. So there's pros and cons each way.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi Angela

Yes we are in Alice on a 457 visa, we arrived in January. It is a wonderful place to live and work. Everyone is so friendly and because a lot of people pass through for 3,6,9 months they are used to orientating new faces to work and community very quickly. My daughter has settled into school really well. The weather is amazing, sun everyday, its autumn /winter here apparently so only 30degrees during the day...no dramas.. it gets down to 8 degrees some nights but thats lovely!!!
We really want our PR so we can feel properly settled but 457 was ideal to get us out of UK after our court case asap.

good luck to all March 2008 applicants

Where are you headed Angela?
best wishes
Sarah

Hello Sarah

Court Case? I'm sure you wouldn't have mentioned it if you minded me asking!!

Brian has been offered a job in Loganholme, Qld, 30kms south of Brisbane but the money isn't very good so he is waiting to be interviewed by another 2 companies and we'll make up our mind from there. I would probably be able to get work easier in the Brisbane area than in the middle of the gold fields where one of the other jobs is.

We will be moving on a 457 to get over there quick then depending on where he gets work, either applying for PR under an RSMS or ENS.

Talking about school, can you tell me what school fees cost? I am aware that as a temporary visa holder we will have to pay school fees. Is your daughter in government or private schooling? Did you look around different schools?

regards Angela
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
You dont "have" to... You are supposed to let your mortgage lender know if you're not residing in the property and if someone else is. Its only because there are different terms and conditions to a residential mortgage and a Buy To Let mortgage. Quite often though people let out their property and don't tell the lender and there is technically nothing the lender can do, the reason a lot of people to dont tell is because normally BTL rates are higher than residential.

But its up to whether you do or not and they can't take anyone else's word for it apart from yours. so if a tenant told your lender they cant act on that, it has to be your word.
Hope that helps!
Hiya Louise

Well, thanks for that info. That confirms what our estate agent has told us!! So we'll just let it out without our lender knowing...that way we keep the interest rates down and cover our mortgage with rental income!!

cheers Angela
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that regarding not having to tell your mortgage lender about rentingthe property out.
I'm still trying to persuade OH that this may be the only way to release our equity and go to Australia. He can only think of 1 thing at a time and once something is agreed, he doesnt like change. Bless him! :curse::curse:

Hello Thorpes

Just let your OH read the posts on this site, he will find some convincing evidence that it's the best way to go... for just now!!

regards Angela

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.