Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all
Smile Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

To all you lucky, lucky people....

A huge heart felt congratulations and may you be singing "Advance Australia Fair" with a Toohey New in your skoona by the baaaarbie (Oz accent please..) real soon.

We are jealous but pleased for you. We will be soon. All pcc's and meds with CO on 4/10/06 (update list please)

Cheers and beers
Watty'n'arls
xx
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:29 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
To all you lucky, lucky people....

A huge heart felt congratulations and may you be singing "Advance Australia Fair" with a Toohey New in your skoona by the baaaarbie (Oz accent please..) real soon.

We are jealous but pleased for you. We will be soon. All pcc's and meds with CO on 4/10/06 (update list please)

Cheers and beers
Watty'n'arls
xx
Thanks everyone its a great feeling, just wish i could get pissed to celebrate, but instead I am working or rather not I am sat here on the forums again ;p

Watty and Arls yours will be here soon

and thanks zeny and everyone else

If you are still waiting and Dimia have all your paperwork send them a 'nudge email'

Hi ******,
>
> I hope this email finds you in good health? I have submitted all the
> requested relevant paperwork, including the medicals as requested. I was
> just wondering if there was anything outstanding and just making sure the
> panel doctor has forwarded the doctors reports. I was also wondering what
> the possible timeframe would be for the visa's completion and if there is
> anything further you need. I hope you don't think I am being presumptuous,
> I have made some enquiries regarding work and those I have contacted are
> asking for some pointers on when things should be finalized.

This is what I sent, send something simalar might give them the nudge they need to process your visa

Regards

Justin
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by eljustino
Thanks everyone its a great feeling, just wish i could get pissed to celebrate, but instead I am working or rather not I am sat here on the forums again ;p

Watty and Arls yours will be here soon

and thanks zeny and everyone else

If you are still waiting and Dimia have all your paperwork send them a 'nudge email'

Hi ******,
>
> I hope this email finds you in good health? I have submitted all the
> requested relevant paperwork, including the medicals as requested. I was
> just wondering if there was anything outstanding and just making sure the
> panel doctor has forwarded the doctors reports. I was also wondering what
> the possible timeframe would be for the visa's completion and if there is
> anything further you need. I hope you don't think I am being presumptuous,
> I have made some enquiries regarding work and those I have contacted are
> asking for some pointers on when things should be finalized.

This is what I sent, send something simalar might give them the nudge they need to process your visa

Regards

Justin
that sounds great, that letter , i was thinking on doing 1 myself before i seen your letter ,but was unsure if it would p**s them off , if you know what i mean .
What was the name of your co.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by leew1019
that sounds great, that letter , i was thinking on doing 1 myself before i seen your letter ,but was unsure if it would p**s them off , if you know what i mean .
What was the name of your co.
Yeah, we don't want the same CO getting the same letter 10 times.LOL
Old Oct 6th 2006, 11:57 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rich8509
Yeah, we don't want the same CO getting the same letter 10 times.LOL

Hi cant give out the name of the CO (were not allowed) but just slightly reword it, sure it will be fine

Justin
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Hi cant give out the name of the CO (were not allowed) but just slightly reword it, sure it will be fine

Justin

Hi Justin - really pleased for you love, but if everyone starts sending the DIMIA an email - they may not get round to granting any visas at all as they're too busy replying to everyone!!! xx
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough

House sold yesterday. Just need a Visa now. 8 days on the market. A Sudden belt of reality has been wacked across my backside. lol

Rich
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:13 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rich8509
House sold yesterday. Just need a Visa now. 8 days on the market. A Sudden belt of reality has been wacked across my backside. lol

Rich
Excellent news Rich!! We should be completing this week. Currently have no firdge/freezer (sold on ebay this weekend), no sofas/chairs in the front room, beds dismantled, wardrobes dismantled. We're living like squatters LOL

John Masons are coming Wednesday to pack it all up and ship it to Sydney!!!!!

It's very, VERY real LOL

Graham
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:53 am
Just Joined

petelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

Good morning everyone.

Haven't been around much since the cock up of my medical but all seems to be ticking along now!! Hopefully.

Many congrats to all of you who have had visa grants or cos allocated seems alot has been going on. That's great.

I read about you guys sending emails and thought I'll give this a try. Received an email today from our co saying that she now had all the medicals and would be contacting us in the near future. Getting a tad excited now.

Another bit of news is we decided to book our flights in anticipation of some good news. We fly out 19th Jan 07. Just need a visa and better start thinking about house etc. Dont worry we have decided to rent it out.

Lisa x
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:42 am

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petelisam
Hi Guys

Good morning everyone.

Haven't been around much since the cock up of my medical but all seems to be ticking along now!! Hopefully.

Many congrats to all of you who have had visa grants or cos allocated seems alot has been going on. That's great.

I read about you guys sending emails and thought I'll give this a try. Received an email today from our co saying that she now had all the medicals and would be contacting us in the near future. Getting a tad excited now.

Another bit of news is we decided to book our flights in anticipation of some good news. We fly out 19th Jan 07. Just need a visa and better start thinking about house etc. Dont worry we have decided to rent it out.

Lisa x
Sounds like it's all coming together Lisa
Any more news???

Our house sale is pretty much there (after a bit of messing around - see other post in barbie), complete a week after we get to Oz but should be ok!

Got our first month booked in a fully furnished pad in Manly, all our stuff is now shipped, fly 2 weeks tomorrow :scared: !!!!!!!

Can't wait

Graham
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:53 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

We got our passports back yesterday with their lovely visa's inside them

See what you mean, Graham, about them being a bit boring! I could have rustled up something much better on the computer

Bet these two weeks are going to be the longest of your life!

To everyone one else still waiting. There's going to be loads of "got its" next week - I can feel it in me bones

Janine
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
I could have rustled up something much better on the computer Janine
Now why didn't I think of that LOL !!!!!!!!

Would have saved a hell of a lot of stress

Graham
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:52 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

Hi everyone,

Northerner were in sydney are you going? have you managed to find any cheap accomodation short term... I am struggling a bit to find something cheap.

I have found some cheap motels try formule 1 very cheap $59 a night. Have you found anything cheapish for around 2 weeks or so if so do tell

We will have to meet up for a beer, i will be booking my flights at the end of the month looking at early April prices do seem to be quite good, try trailfinders, airline network and would you beleive Asda travel seem to be coming up trumps!!! I also hear that Singapore Airlines are the only ones ofering double bagge allowaces of 40kg get it writing from there head office and take that with you if you book through them

Cheers all

Justin

And thanks Josie....but sending the email as nudge did work for me otherwise i could still be enduring more sleepless nights ;P
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

try trailfinders, airline network and would you beleive Asda travel seem to be coming up trumps!!!
Thanks for the tip on ASDA .. checkedd it out and theyre nearly £ 50 cheaper in January for the emirates flight Ive been pricing with the usual places..never thought of looking at them until you mentioned it!!
Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

petelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant futurepetelisam has a brilliant future

Hi Northerner

You must be really excited and nervous. I wish you all the best in your new life. I will be thinking of you by Sydney Bridge on new years eve. You lucky devils what a way to celebrate a new year.

I thought i would have heard something this week but maybe now next week. I think our co doesn't work on Mondays, so fingers crossed for wed/thurs.

Let us know how you get on.

Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.