Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

just a note guys, as from 1/03/2006 theres a new form for the 47SK and form 80. hardly any differance but they apparantly want the new ones now.
Good luck to all you March people we are still waiting for our skills to come back
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:16 am
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: March 06 Visa Apps 136/138 etc whose applying this month?

Originally Posted by farrierswife
just a note guys, as from 1/03/2006 theres a new form for the 47SK and form 80. hardly any differance but they apparantly want the new ones now.
Good luck to all you March people we are still waiting for our skills to come back

Yeah, heard about the new forms! I have to fill them in all over again
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:36 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

We are sending off our application in March. I have filled out the old form after November but before March. On another thread George Lombard has said that the old form is still ok to use.

I really don't want to fill it in again so I am just going to send the old one.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:03 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Potter
Hi Guys,

Congratulations to all among us who will apply this month. It's the last big piece of work before getting to the promised land.

As for me, I'd like to apply this month. I've got my IEAust positive assessment as Professional Engineer. Great !

But I still need to get more reference letters from my previous employers and also make a statutory declaration. I wonder what is the best on that matter.
Would it be to have it made with a solicitor, or my family doctor (I read a general practioner is accepted) ?

Does anyone have some experience with either of those ?
How long did it take for you to get your reference letters ?
Did somebody make a statutory declaration for covering a period he worked as self-employed ? I have no idea of the contents of such a letter.

Anyway, good luck to everybody !

John
Hi John,

I have just sent my skills assessment off today and had to do a statutory declaration for an unofficial name change. I did that with a solicitor as you have to do the " I do solemly declare....bit," so I am not sure this would be accepted by a GP???? You could ask your local magistrates court to certify it for you as some of them don't charge for this. I got all my documents and the stat dec certified by a solicitor for £20. Some people pay lots more than this so it pays to ring around. I think avoid the large practices and use smaller local ones, they seem to be cheaper.

I used a template stat dec form I will try and find it and email it to you if it would help.

My reference letters took ages, I asked for them before xmas and only got them about a week ago after much mythering! Some people write out the reference beforehand and ask the referee to check and sign it if they agree with it. That can save some time and effort.

Good luck,

jackie
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eljustino
Hi all,

The time has finally arrived for me to apply for the big 136 skilled independant. THough I would start the ball rolling and let you all know that I am about to submitt mine on the 14th March. Anyone else??
I've been so looking forward to joining this thread.

We got a positive TRA result back today so we are hoping to submit the visa application within a couple of weeks.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:14 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Does anyone know if I have to submit form 80 for both me and hubby or is it just for him as he is the primary applicant?

Cheers in advance!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:31 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

The time has finally arrived for me to apply for the big 136 skilled independant. THough I would start the ball rolling and let you all know that I am about to submitt mine on the 14th March. Anyone else??

Anyone else applying if so any stories , good/bad/indiferent to share?

Anything to be aware of?

If anyone needs an editable version of the 47sk from 11/05 with the fields already to go let me know will post a link when I get to my Pc at home as I am on a works PC at the moment.

Justin (RMN - Hopefully Perth by the end of the year.)
Hi Justin,

Our 47sk went to agent last Friday so just awaiting a DHL number now !

Nick
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy

We got a positive TRA result back today so we are hoping to submit the visa application within a couple of weeks.

Whooo hooo! Congratulations Suzy!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hi,

Does anyone know if I have to submit form 80 for both me and hubby or is it just for him as he is the primary applicant?

Cheers in advance!
I done a form each for hubby and me. I think you have to do one for everyone over the age of 16. I would check on www.immi.gov.au just to be on the safe side
Lynne
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick69
I done a form each for hubby and me. I think you have to do one for everyone over the age of 16. I would check on www.immi.gov.au just to be on the safe side
Lynne

Yes it is everyone over 16
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:52 pm
aka bunja

Thanks Lynne and Wendy C!!! I thought it was probably for those over 16 but just needed someone to tell me I was right!!!!!!

Cheers
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Damian & Sally will become famous soon enoughDamian & Sally will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by suzy

Congratulations Suzy,

When was your TRA acknowledged?

Are you on the MODL?

We have been waiting since 01/02/06, paid for priority but not on MODL list. Letter said normally processed within 4 weeks or sooner if priority requested. We sent email last night and got reply today saying application recieved but still awaiting processing. We are hoping its just a standard email and that the letter is in the post!!!

Has anyone rung the TRA reacently, what do they tell you?

Sally
Old Mar 8th 2006, 12:15 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

wow there are so many of use one question, I have used the november form does that mean I am going to have to redo, sod that, I will send it off, its typed took me ages making the cells editable,

J
Old Mar 8th 2006, 3:07 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

wow there are so many of use one question, I have used the november form does that mean I am going to have to redo, sod that, I will send it off, its typed took me ages making the cells editable,

J

Just hope they dont end up returning it!! sod it i will redo it now i think just to be safe

J
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:53 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Damian & Sally
Congratulations Suzy,

When was your TRA acknowledged?

Are you on the MODL?

We have been waiting since 01/02/06, paid for priority but not on MODL list. Letter said normally processed within 4 weeks or sooner if priority requested. We sent email last night and got reply today saying application recieved but still awaiting processing. We are hoping its just a standard email and that the letter is in the post!!!

Has anyone rung the TRA reacently, what do they tell you?

Sally

TRA was acknowledged on 24/02/06 and yes it is MODL. We also paid for priority processing and are still surprised at how quick we got the reply back.

We were told processing would be 4-6 weeks if priority was requested but as you can see it was alot quicker than that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.