Lost medicals? Help!

Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future
Default Lost medicals? Help!

Hi guys,

Im really worried - we visted Australia in December and whilst there had our medicals done by HSA in Perth. I posted them off registered post to the Adelaide office marked for the attention of my CO who had requested the meds in November.

Nothing has changed on our update page, so i emailed via the website and got this reply this morning
'Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia s
General Skilled Migration programme.

Yes records on file show that your Medicals documents have not been
received. As soon as we receive your documents it will be attached to your
file.'

I posted them 6 weeks ago! I now don't know what to do. Shall I email my case officer direct and ask her? Could they be sitting on her desk waiting to be opened? Will HSA have copies of our meds in case they have gone missing? Should Aus Post have a record that it was delivered? (I have a ref number.) Could it of got caught up in christmas post? Can't believe it would take this long.

Any advice about what to do next??

Last edited by TandC23; Jan 14th 2009 at 8:44 am. Reason: typo
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost medicals? Help!

Your medicals do not go to Adelaide to your case officer. The HSA should have sent them, not you, to LCU in Sydney.

It is likely that ASPC forwarded them on to Sydney and they are still in the system being processed. There is no sense in contacting your case officer. Rather, contact LCU to see if they have arrived there.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

Thanks Dorothy - I will contact LCU - whats the best way, email or phone?

This is where i am confused - HSA handed me the envelopes and said post them to the office you lodged your application with. Does it need to go to the LCU because we applied offshore, even though we had our meds done in Oz?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandC23
Thanks Dorothy - I will contact LCU - whats the best way, email or phone?

This is where i am confused - HSA handed me the envelopes and said post them to the office you lodged your application with. Does it need to go to the LCU because we applied offshore, even though we had our meds done in Oz?
Yes, it does need to go to LCU. And the clinic should not have handed you the medicals. They need to have sent them; sealed and with you not having seen results.

You can email LCU with your TRN and they will be able to look it up.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:29 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, if you did your medical exams in Australia the results do not go to the LCU (the LCU/HOC only looks after overseas examinations). HSA will make the results of your medical examinations available to DIAC electronically (and also provide a paper copy to you to forward to your case officer).

If you are worried about the results, I would suggest contacting the HSA office where you had your exams to ensure that they have completed processing them and have placed the results into their system. It may also be worth contacting your case officer with details of the date of your examinations.

Cheers

Sara

Last edited by saraliz; Jan 14th 2009 at 10:33 am.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks saraliz - well thats what I thought, will contact my case officer, and give HSA Perth a call. I was told by HSA that they don't send results electronically - what processing of the results do they do? Im just worried it has taken so long and that DIAC say they haven't been received. Could the fact its summer holidays slow processing down ?