Lost Medicals

Old Aug 21st 2004, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Lost Medicals

Help please,
have recently applied for prospective marriage visa in London, but whilst visiting my fiance in Oz in July I did my medicals over there. The Doctors are saying the medicals were sent to DIMIA in Brisbane who cant now find them. Any ideas???? Can I somehow obtain copies and would AHC accept them?????
Old Aug 21st 2004, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

shell1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lost Medicals

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
Help please,
have recently applied for prospective marriage visa in London, but whilst visiting my fiance in Oz in July I did my medicals over there. The Doctors are saying the medicals were sent to DIMIA in Brisbane who cant now find them. Any ideas???? Can I somehow obtain copies and would AHC accept them?????
Hello, oh dear, we had the same problem, had ours done in UK and got lost between our agents in London and DIMIA in Adelaide, DIMIA suggested copies to be forwarded on but High commission got involved and said that it wasnt fair for a panelled doctor to comment on a family of 4 he had seen 6 weeks previously so we basically had to have them done again, we were furious! Its all worked out in the end as we now have our visas but at the time we felt like we were so close but yet so far away, bet you are really pi**ed off! Its very hard to communicate with oz coz of the time difference, if your in a hurry and wanting to get over there quick i would suggest just having it done again, sending it registered post! then try and get the money back after like we are now trying to do..........let us know what happens
Old Aug 21st 2004, 8:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost Medicals

Originally Posted by shell1
Hello, oh dear, we had the same problem, had ours done in UK and got lost between our agents in London and DIMIA in Adelaide, DIMIA suggested copies to be forwarded on but High commission got involved and said that it wasnt fair for a panelled doctor to comment on a family of 4 he had seen 6 weeks previously so we basically had to have them done again, we were furious! Its all worked out in the end as we now have our visas but at the time we felt like we were so close but yet so far away, bet you are really pi**ed off! Its very hard to communicate with oz coz of the time difference, if your in a hurry and wanting to get over there quick i would suggest just having it done again, sending it registered post! then try and get the money back after like we are now trying to do..........let us know what happens
If medicals are lost and cannot be tracked down then they need do be done again.

Anything sent to DIMIA without a file number carries a high risk of being lost in the system. In this case, were the medical providers specifically instructed to send the medicals to London?

Additionally - the safest way to send medicals is via a reliable courier. Regular post (even registered) has a high risk of loss or delay.

While medicals can be done anywhere, doing medicals in Australia for a visa application in the UK is not necessarily the simple way of doing things.

Jeremy