Looking for second state sponsored visa

Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

emerald98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for second state sponsored visa

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I know it's an internet forum and all, but seriously if you want to score all 8s on your IELTS you're going to have to have much better English than what you have written here.

I have highlighted things you will be marked down on in red and corrections in () after.
Dorothy
If I wanted a lecture on how to write I would join a discussion forum about the English language. I thought this forum was for people trying to immigrate, if your only contribution to this thread is to criticize someone's grammer and spelling then butt out. You are obviously a very frustrated person with too much time on your hands. Not that I need to make any excuses to the likes of you but I am working 16 hours a day and the only chance to use this forum is late at night and the last thing I am worried about is my spelling. So I would appreciate it if you would P**S off and mind your own business.
To everyone else with genuine help thanks a lot.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:20 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emerald98
Dorothy
If I wanted a lecture on how to write I would join a discussion forum about the English language. I thought this forum was for people trying to immigrate, if your only contribution to this thread is to criticize someone's grammer and spelling then butt out. You are obviously a very frustrated person with too much time on your hands. Not that I need to make any excuses to the likes of you but I am working 16 hours a day and the only chance to use this forum is late at night and the last thing I am worried about is my spelling. So I would appreciate it if you would P**S off and mind your own business.
Whilst not all the advice you receive on a forum is what you want to hear, it is usually given with good intentions and often valid.

What you cannot do on a forum though, is make personal attacks on other posters or tell another member that they cannot post. If you are unclear I suggest you read the site rules.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy
My post was meant as genuine advice. If you don't want to hear it then that's not my problem.

Good luck passing that English test. Oh, and one more person to add to the list of people I'll no longer offer years of experience to.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

emerald98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Point taken Old Sparkles but I am on this forum for advice on immigration issues and this thread is about state sponsorship. I have gotten good advice from yourself and others which I am very grateful for but the post by Dorothy is totally off topic and whilst I am guilty of the mistakes pointed out I have scored 8.5 on all sections of IELTS previously.
With advice like that Dorothy I'm sure it's a long list.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:29 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken Old Sparkles but I am on this forum for advice on immigration issues and this thread is about state sponsorship. I have gotten good advice from yourself and others which I am very grateful for but the post by Dorothy is totally off topic and whilst I am guilty of the mistakes pointed out I have scored 8.5 on all sections of IELTS previously.
Often people come onto the forum asking the wrong questions, so not all advice will answer an initial question but is still good advice and is still relevant to not only the person making the initial post, but also others reading the posts. If someone is looking to score highly in the IELTS test, it is good advice to ensure that the spelling and grammar in a post is correct - but still, congratulations on the existing scores - is that IELTS still valid for the new submission?
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

WHich bit of 'What you cannot do on a forum though, is make personal attacks on other posters or tell another member that they cannot post. If you are unclear I suggest you read the site rules.' did you not understand? One more personal remark and your posting privilleges may be temporarily removed.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I know it's an internet forum and all, but seriously if you want to score all 8s on your IELTS you're going to have to have much better English than what you have written here.

I have highlighted things you will be marked down on in red and corrections in () after.
Honestly Dorothy, you need to up your game. You missed three missing "s"'s