looking to immigrate/perth in my trade??

Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default looking to immigrate/perth in my trade??

Right here is the story i am a pipefitter by trade and work in the oil and gas onshore and the oil rigs,i was in oz a few years ago on holidays and then also for a working holiday visa in 2004.
I travelled all over oz trying out most of the places and some i liked better than others also i worked in my trade for 3 months and i found that perth was the best place for this kind of work.
Not only did find work easy but was offered many other jobs while there,much more than back here in uk.
But things are getting busy here and due to skill shortage could be in work for a good few years.
But then the same goes for oz,well perth anyway seems to be skill shortage there as well and again many jobs.

I was looking into this immigration thing before i went on my working holiday visa and the main reason i went on it to see if it was a place i could live and also work in my trade and try out,it was the same crap different place but maybe more laid back there.
I am not saying i would like to do what i do for work all the time for the rest of my days maybe later in life try something new or a business etc.
The thing i like about the place is just the lifestyle and the weather and i just kind of need to get away from it here.

I was when i cam back home only home a few days and had a job offer in my trade and to live in oz a one off chance but it was just not the right time, and as i am getting older by the day 33yrs and still single i have nothing to hold me back apart from getting the visa.

And as it can take a while i thought maybe i should get the ball rolling and keep working here and maybe by the time its all done i would be ready to make the move,i find that when i was in perth that there was many jobs available and very easy to be gotten.

I have nvq cert and other trade papers in my trade and also now a reference from a oz employer when i worked there if thats any help,i also have two cousins that live over there not sure if thats handy.

I looked into this immigration thing big time before i left for my working holiday visa 2004 and have lost track on what i best do and not do and what changes there have been.If i had pushed it when i was over there im sure i could have been sponsered but i just was not ready to make a move,but i might be ready later on when this long process goes through.

That way it give me more time to earn more money here and make sure its really the thing i want to do if i get the visa.
I have had work mates move to canada but i have never been there and so dont know if a better place also i like usa but again i like oz as its like home but much warmer.

Well i would be greatfull of any advise on pipefitters in oz,my chances and other stuff i should know as it was sure easy to get work the short while i was there,if i dont do anything about it now i will probably in later life say why did i not do it.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:10 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: looking to immigrate/perth in my trade??

For a start have a look on the immigration website...www.immi.gov.au

Also, take a look on immigration agent websites, they often have a point test application you can fill in to see if you make the points.

Good Luck.