looked everywhere. HELP!!!!!!

Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough
Default looked everywhere. HELP!!!!!!

ok the story is i im a single dad who has a daughter who is 5, i was married to an australian but were divorced now and she went back to australia. now am i right that because my daughters mum is australian she can get citizenship or something by decent????
if this is true, i kno its a long shot but is there any way i can get a visa to move out there as my daughter would be australian wouldnt she???
i really want her to do her secondry schooling in australia and id love to be there while she does this. any help would be great please.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looked everywhere. HELP!!!!!!

Originally Posted by antmeister
ok the story is i im a single dad who has a daughter who is 5, i was married to an australian but were divorced now and she went back to australia. now am i right that because my daughters mum is australian she can get citizenship or something by decent????
if this is true, i kno its a long shot but is there any way i can get a visa to move out there as my daughter would be australian wouldnt she???
i really want her to do her secondry schooling in australia and id love to be there while she does this. any help would be great please.
Is your daughter in Australia or with you? Anyway, the place to look is www.citizenship.gov.au
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

yes she lives in the uk with me coz my ex wife left me and i look after her but now were on talking terms again and trying to sort things out so were all better off. i want my daughter to see her mum but if tht happens i lose out then coz i cant live there without sum kinda visa
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:29 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

yes she lives in the uk with me coz my ex wife left me and i look after her but now were on talking terms again and trying to sort things out so were all better off. i want my daughter to see her mum but if tht happens i lose out then coz i cant live there without sum kinda visa
Dear AM,

Yes your daughter should be eligible for Australian citizenship by descent and there may be options for her to sponsor you for a contributory parent visa but this may be tricky and would certainly require the co-operation of your ex; suggest you find capable migration advice from a registered migration agent.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

but she cant sponsor me can she as shes only 5 lol.
Im just trying to get everything sorted now while i can. I do know that when shes 18 she can sponsor me, and as to my ex wife theres beena change yet again. seems shes sponsoring her new boyfriend who is american to live there so thats outta the question hey.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

but she cant sponsor me can she as shes only 5 lol.
Im just trying to get everything sorted now while i can. I do know that when shes 18 she can sponsor me, and as to my ex wife theres beena change yet again. seems shes sponsoring her new boyfriend who is american to live there so thats outta the question hey.
Quote from DIAC website :

If the child has not turned 18, applicants may be sponsored by the cohabiting partner of their child if the partner has turned 18 years of age, a close relative or guardian of their child, or a community organisation.
So as George said, it might be possible as the mother would be a close relative of the child? I would suggest professional help anyway as this does not seem like a straightforward route.

Have you looked into skilled migrant options for yourself? What is your occupation?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

my job is computer repairs, i go to peoples homes and repair there computers for them, im not qualified in any way, just i have experience and that dont count in the real world does it
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

my job is computer repairs, i go to peoples homes and repair there computers for them, im not qualified in any way, just i have experience and that dont count in the real world does it
AS George has said it may be possible for you to get in but it will be tricky - you do need professional help from a registered agent. If you don't know where to start, look at George's post above which has his contact details in it - he's one of the best in the business.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
AS George has said it may be possible for you to get in but it will be tricky - you do need professional help from a registered agent. If you don't know where to start, look at George's post above which has his contact details in it - he's one of the best in the business.

Getting the daughter's Australian citizenship should be easy in most circumstances and should be done immediately, not needing an agent.

Visa options after that are more complex. I would suggest George as an option as a visa strategy may need to consider ministerial review options at some stage and this should be planned in advance. But don't expect professional assistance to be free.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

ive got forms coming for my daughters citizenship, the route im looking at is just wait till shes 18 and i have a bit of money behind me and get that parent visa, theres 2 isnt there, one i understand you have to wait 15 yrs and the other you pay. theres no rush im not looking at moving right away, just researching my choices.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: looked everywhere. HELP!!!!!!

ok so if i was to get my ex wife to co-operate where would i stand. i need to find a way asap, i had my daughter crying today saying she wants to see her mum, im on talking terms with her mum now so what must i do once i got my daughters citizenship sorted out?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

ok so if i was to get my ex wife to co-operate where would i stand. i need to find a way asap, i had my daughter crying today saying she wants to see her mum, im on talking terms with her mum now so what must i do once i got my daughters citizenship sorted out?
See post #4.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

to save me starting a new post i have one last question which is related to this post, when i get my daughters aussie citizenship will she lose her uk citizenship? can she have a uk passport aswell as an aussie passport?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:11 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi AM

She can have dual citizenship.

Best regards
Susan