London waiting times

Old May 29th 2002, 10:20 pm
Darren

Default London waiting times

I applied under skilled independent (non IT, althought my degree has IT in the
title)in April 2001, so it's now just over 13 months.

Has anyone else applied at same time hear anything yet?

Darren

Old May 29th 2002, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London waiting times

you get more info about nature ie spiders and bog seats rather than info on how far london is with its applications,and yes i am already reg on ausstime line.could all migration agents who are in touch with london give or ask the right questions about how many people are left to be sorted and when will it all end in london. will some people have to go to adalaide to be sorted.
thanks tim harrop.
Old May 30th 2002, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

You dont seem to get straight answers from anyone do you , especially when you ask the good old question " how long will it take it now " , it falls on deaf ears.
We applied sept 2001 so to us have along way to go , but the other day how true it is i dont know , a friend in aus said there friends friends , had just recieved confirmation and they had applied sept 2001 , not fast tracked ( so no nurses etc) well how the hell did they pull that one out the bag!!!!!!
We have decided its fate , you either get picked up early or you go the full distance , i think we are on for the full distance!!!!
Joanne
Old May 30th 2002, 9:42 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not from London, so I can't answer your query.

But you could take a peek at http://www.austimeline.com if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,
Peter
Old May 30th 2002, 10:20 am
Mark Gardner

Hi Darren,

I contacted AHC yesterday to ask whether to do our medical tests yet (applied April
2001 also non-IT) was advised to wait until they contacted us.

I was also told that at present they are dealing with mail from Nov, Dec, & Jan 2001.
The lady I spoke to said she expected to start Feb 2001 applications in July and that
the wait remains at 20 months at present.

The pass mark has also been raised to 115 points, but for new applicants us already
in the process with 110 will still have enough points.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Cheers Mark.

Old May 30th 2002, 11:20 am
Jaj

I thought I'd seen some posts from people (non fast-track) who had applied in Feb/Mar
2001 who had got visas, so I'm not sure if you should take everything the AHC say at
face value.

The reality seems to be that while they may work on applications in broadly
chronological order, the detailed timing of individual cases is a mystery and I
really doubt that ringing the AHC is going to shed any light on that.

Jeremy

>On Wed, 29 May 2002 10:38:43 +0100, "Mark Gardner" <[email protected]>
    >wrote: Hi Darren, I contacted AHC yesterday to ask whether to do our medical tests
    >yet (applied April 2001 also non-IT) was advised to wait until they contacted us.
    >
    >I was also told that at present they are dealing with mail from Nov, Dec, & Jan
    >2001. The lady I spoke to said she expected to start Feb 2001 applications in July
    >and that the wait remains at 20 months at present.
    >
    >The pass mark has also been raised to 115 points, but for new applicants us already
    >in the process with 110 will still have enough points.
    >
    >Hope this helps and good luck.
    >
    >Cheers Mark.

Old May 30th 2002, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

hi,whats with the miss info about at AHC like you said ive seen some people getting sorted none IT and nurses up to late april 2001. im 5 july 2001. i might go to london find out where the staff have their lunch, hope its in the pub and ply them with loads of free VB,xxxxx larger and pry some info out of them that way.
the wait drives you mad.
cheers tipper.
Old May 30th 2002, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

sharonfryer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

We applied june 2001 via an agent. They told us then that the wait would be approx 12 months.

Christmas we were told the wait had gone to 15 months.

February we were told 18 months minimum.

So we moved house to have a little more room - two kids in a small 2 bed terrace did not go. we moved on begining of April - beginning of May we get a letter from AHc telling us that they had been given some extra visas and they wanted to process ours before end of visa year ie June. Go get medicals and more up to date police forms and get them back by june we were told.

You tell me who knows when the time for the fickle finger of AHC will point in your direction but be warned when it does you have to move quickly. (By the way not IT people either - Husband is a printer.)
Old May 31st 2002, 12:02 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

This is the picture as we see it:

1. Skilled processing in London is a bit of a confused picture at the moment because of the need to get the additional grants in and also the processing priorities for nurses and ICT professionals.

2. The published average processing times are averages worked out on a historical basis using information from both Central Office in Canberra and local information. They are averages for what has happened to cases already processed and about to be granted.

3. At the moment most (but not all) cases lodged prior to 30 April 2001 have been assessed. If they were ready to grant they would now be granted and hence have a 12/13 month processing time. However, most cases aren't ready to grant and require more information taking more time.

4. The office in London has not over the past month (and will not for the next month or so) do much assessing because of the need to get the extra grants in. Hence May 2001 onwards cases will take until July/August before they are assessed.

5. Added to the above ICT and nurses get priority and will be assessed as soon as practical (we believe all ICT have been done).

6. So cases lodged May 2001 to August 2001 will probably take from June to perhaps Sept /Oct to assess and hence will not usually be granted until a few weeks/months after. So the average will probably drop to 15+ months.

Hope this helps.

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.com, and
http://www.collettandco.com
Old May 31st 2002, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that info alan, you cant make to much sence of all these bits of imformation ie looking at news groups, and auss timeline thingy i think you must have a better picture on the london AHC. also i have never phoned AHC because of the fuzzy imformation they seam to hand out.
yours
tipper. team 1 july 5 2001.
Old May 31st 2002, 11:36 am
shona

Story so far - Application sent Oct 2001 - nurse.
Phoned DIMA for medical forms to be sent out (to kill some time).
Told to sit tight until they get in contact with us re medicals. She also said that they were processing July 2001 applications for nurses as they are being fast tracked.
That was about a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder where they are up to now (team 1)???
Fed up watching for the post. Really p***** off and ready to self combust with impatience.
Shona x

Old May 31st 2002, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe they are processing nurses from July 2001 as I'm a nurse and we applied May 01, still haven't heard a peep. Will let you know when we do.
Sue