Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Local PCC from Bangalore - Plz help - urgent

Local PCC from Bangalore - Plz help - urgent

Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

santosh_gj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Local PCC from Bangalore - Plz help - urgent

Hi,

Please help me...I am bit confused.

I am from bangalore, now that I need local PCC from banglaore. Should I apply through passport office bangalore? or through commissioner's office? Some people confused me about this. If I need to apply through regional passport office, how long will it take to get the PCC done? i am currently living in my permanent address which is the same address as it is in my bangalore issued passport. What all documents/forms that I need to fill and take it with me to go to regional passport office?

Please advise me.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice
Default Re: Local PCC from Bangalore - Plz help - urgent

Originally Posted by santosh_gj
Hi,

I am from bangalore, now that I need local PCC from banglaore. Should I apply through passport office bangalore? or through commissioner's office? Some people confused me about this. If I need to apply through regional passport office, how long will it take to get the PCC done? i am currently living in my permanent address which is the same address as it is in my bangalore issued passport. What all documents/forms that I need to fill and take it with me to go to regional passport office?

Please advise me.
Advice you to go through following thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605944

Some well wishers have already discussed in depth.....
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Please advise me.
Search and see the thread 'PCC from India..'

Post your question thr if it is not already answer. You will find experts there who hold Phd in 'PCC from india' (like Aman,rodger,shiva etc..)...i am sure they will help u.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mayur has already given the thread I was refering to...check tht
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi,

Please advise me.
Just reach bangalore RPO and get filled misc form and pay 300 INR at the counter with original passport

take some genuine copy of residential proof like Ration card, Driver licence or for the address whats is mentioned on your passport
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by supriyag123
...You will find experts there who hold Phd in 'PCC from india' (like Aman,rodger,shiva etc..)...i am sure they will help u.
Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Just reach bangalore RPO and get filled misc form and pay 300 INR at the counter with original passport

take some genuine copy of residential proof like Ration card, Driver licence or for the address whats is mentioned on your passport
To OP, didnt I tell u?

Shiva is great.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helloshivahere

Shiva, they did not even ask for the address proof in my case. Was it issued by RPO Bangalore? I said yes. Then he took my Misc form, passport and passport copy and asked me to wait in line. then the counter person called, went and paid the Rs 300. While paying, the person at the counter said, come and collect it at counter 10 (or 12??) the next working day.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
Shiva, they did not even ask for the address proof in my case. Was it issued by RPO Bangalore? I said yes. Then he took my Misc form, passport and passport copy and asked me to wait in line. then the counter person called, went and paid the Rs 300. While paying, the person at the counter said, come and collect it at counter 10 (or 12??) the next working day.

Hmm.. That is strange, coz I got my PCC from Bangalore RPO and I was asked for the address proof.

And yes, I got it in 2 days as the Passport was issues from Bangalore itself.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Hmm.. That is strange, coz I got my PCC from Bangalore RPO and I was asked for the address proof.

And yes, I got it in 2 days as the Passport was issues from Bangalore itself.
It never asked from chennai RPO as well but some of them in BE mentioned they were asked.

Its true most of the RPOs issue at same day evening or next day because ECNR and PCC kind of thing wont take long time but some of them gone through very long procedure might be address variation issue and local police checks

Better to go with copy ration card/driver licence/Voter ID ( Fun is that ur name never will be printed right on it) kinda thing if they ask for it