Living "rules" on SIR

Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice
Default Living "rules" on SIR

Hi,

quick query. We are applying for SIR to WA. We are nearly at the point where OH's 2 teenagers have to decide to come with us or stay with their mum. They will have to go on the application regardless of their decision though. However, if they come over with us initially and then decide to come back or if they only come over to activate their visas and then return to UK to make their desicion will this have any impact on the 2 year "rule" that you have to live in a regional area for 2 years to be able to apply for PR? I'm not sure if this rule only applies to the main applicants ie OH & myself or to everyone who goes out to Aus.

I hope this makes sense - it sounds ok in my head!

Thanks in advance to any help you can give.

Yvonne & Paul
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living "rules" on SIR

Originally Posted by YvonnePaul
Hi,

quick query. We are applying for SIR to WA. We are nearly at the point where OH's 2 teenagers have to decide to come with us or stay with their mum. They will have to go on the application regardless of their decision though. However, if they come over with us initially and then decide to come back or if they only come over to activate their visas and then return to UK to make their desicion will this have any impact on the 2 year "rule" that you have to live in a regional area for 2 years to be able to apply for PR? I'm not sure if this rule only applies to the main applicants ie OH & myself or to everyone who goes out to Aus.

I hope this makes sense - it sounds ok in my head!

Thanks in advance to any help you can give.

Yvonne & Paul
No restrictions on them as far as I can make out - when they are outside Australia. When they are inside Australia, they must work, live and study within the regional post-code associated with your SIR sponsorship.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice
Default Re: Living "rules" on SIR

Thanks Tony - that's what I thought!

Yvonne