Light Vehicle mechanic vetassess test

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Jenn007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Light Vehicle mechanic vetassess test

Hi there Thanks for this info its brill. We are in the early stages of immigrating - but on researching rates of pay and cost of renting I find that my wages might only cover the price of renting a 3bed house- do you have any idea of the rates of pay? Ta
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

deano1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Light Vehicle mechanic vetassess test

hey, i qualified when i was 19, im coming up for 25 now, I wouldnt worry about the test they may ask questions about steering angles etc, but the examiner knows that there are diffrent types of mechanics, like service, diagnostic, master techs, so he judges you on your own strengths, I have always been into cars so i am pritty clued up and im a kia and peugeot master tech, so i wouldnt worry,

as of rates of pay i am not sure as i am still in scotland at the moment. just completed my medical and police check for my visa,
I have spoke to a employment agency, and he adviced a normal mechanic can get approx 55000 aus dol a year and upto 65000 for a master tech, I unable to confirm these rates of pay as I am not there yet
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light

deano this helps an awful lot as I have been in the treade for 10 years but not active for 3 (apart from some homers). I thought it would be so hard. Where i Scotland did you sit it as I am from Glasgow ?
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

deano1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mate, I sat my test in Burnley so i drove down there and stayed in a hotel for 2 nights. They never done any in scotland when I was booking mine