Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Letter Template for secondary applicant's degree proof in english

Letter Template for secondary applicant's degree proof in english

Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Vishnalz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Letter Template for secondary applicant's degree proof in english

Guys,

I am applying for GSM 175. I want to avoid my wife to sit in IELTS test.
As an alternative we can produce a letter from the Eduction institution stating that she has completed the degree XXXX where the medium was English.

Is there anybody who was in the same situation?

If yes could you please provide the letter template.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter Template for secondary applicant's degree proof in english

Originally Posted by Vishnalz
Guys,

As an alternative we can produce a letter from the Eduction institution stating that she has completed the degree XXXX where the medium was English.

If the letter is supposed to come from the educational institute that she attended, you might be better asking THEM to write it, rather than asking someone on here........
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:46 am
Just Joined

vksundari is an unknown quantity at this point

We are looking for a template or format required by immigration Australia because education institute might give in their own format which may not be acceptable by immigration Australia.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:58 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

any format with letterhead and signed/stamped will work.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vksundari
We are looking for a template or format required by immigration Australia because education institute might give in their own format which may not be acceptable by immigration Australia.
Providing they're giving the correct information on their letterhead and signed by someone qualified, that's all that's necessary.

Why do people make things so flaming complicated? Don't bother replying, I just had to get that off my chest.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 9:47 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

around 2 months ago i got the letter from the university for my wife and emailed to my case officer, very next day i got reply that letter is not acceptable becuase all subjects were not taught in English. It was clearly mention on the letter that only English was in English and all other subjects were in native language. Same letter from the same university sent by another applicant got accepted, so it varies case officer to case officer.

My wife went for IELTS and passed Overall 4.5 in first attempt.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

vxm665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
around 2 months ago i got the letter from the university for my wife and emailed to my case officer, very next day i got reply that letter is not acceptable becuase all subjects were not taught in English. It was clearly mention on the letter that only English was in English and all other subjects were in native language. Same letter from the same university sent by another applicant got accepted, so it varies case officer to case officer.

My wife went for IELTS and passed Overall 4.5 in first attempt.
Is it necessary to provide a letter from the uni? Do the degree certificate and transcript make the job?

All the universities in my country mentioned in the transcript that course is conducted entirly in the english medium. Would it be enough?
Old Mar 1st 2011, 11:28 am
Shafaqat Ali

Originally Posted by vxm665
Is it necessary to provide a letter from the uni? Do the degree certificate and transcript make the job?

All the universities in my country mentioned in the transcript that course is conducted entirly in the english medium. Would it be enough?
on the official site they have mentioned that they need letter from the uni, so i think u must get and send that letter.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

remo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vishnalz
Guys,

Hi,

You can use the following.

To whom it may concern

This is to certify that Mrs.........(Reg No: ) attended this college/University for [Degree name/B.A/BSc] program From 2001-2003 (2Years). The medium of instruction is ENGLISH in this degree program. She successfully passed the required exams to complete the degree.

This letter is issued upon the request of applicant
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by remo
Hi,

To whom it may concern

This is to certify that Mrs.........(Reg No: ) attended this college/University for [Degree name/B.A/BSc] program From 2001-2003 (2Years). The medium of instruction is ENGLISH in this degree program. She successfully passed the required exams to complete the degree.

I have sent more or less the same format for my spouse along with copy of her degree and transcript plus her job experience (She is a school teacher), and luckily my CO is kindhearted and accepted it, well its not 100% certain, their is a probabality that CO wont be satisfied as Shafaqat commented above.

All the best!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by remo
Hi,

To whom it may concern

I find it quite extraordinary that an educational establishment which conducts degree levels courses in English, would require this "template" just to confirm that a course was conducted in English.

Very fishy. I wonder if DIAC would notice if there were a flurry of such letter wsith this wording.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:48 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I find it quite extraordinary that an educational establishment which conducts degree levels courses in English, would require this "template" just to confirm that a course was conducted in English.

Very fishy. I wonder if DIAC would notice if there were a flurry of such letter wsith this wording.
Just what I was thinking mate

Big smell of fish around this forum lately...hope DIAC are aware of the shinnanigans that are going on
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:52 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

What I find to be extraordinary is that the questions about dodging the IELTS test come from people who can barely string a sentence together.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:05 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newjersey
What I find to be extraordinary is that the questions about dodging the IELTS test come from people who can barely string a sentence together.
And in this instance its to avoid his wife taking an IELTS test to prove her ability in the English language and she has allegedly just passed her degree using the English language

All very strange
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Bermudashorts

Some universities in Australia such as Uni Melbourne have specified as one of the English language requirements that applicant can provide evidence from his/her schools that the degree was assessed and taught in English.

Many universities in my country do have the medium of instruction and examination as English. Therefore, even though it may be something new to you, its not unusual in academic circles atleast.

@sonlymewalter

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
And in this instance its to avoid his wife taking an IELTS test to prove her ability in the English language and she has allegedly just passed her degree using the English language

All very strange
Not very strange if you consider the cost and effort involved in taking the IELTS test to meet English language criteria as compared to something that you can legitimately get and use for free.

--- Just found something on immi website... Reading that, I really don't understand why you guys are creating this fuss....

English requirements for secondary applicants

--evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two (2) years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ish-family.htm

Last edited by adeel.zafar; Mar 2nd 2011 at 12:45 pm. Reason: Updated info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.