Wikiposts

Letter from Employer for a 175

Old May 16th 2008, 9:07 am
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Letter from Employer for a 175

Hi... Just to put in my 2 pence worth, as an 'employer' - YES I would be p*ssed off if one of my guys told me they were thinking of emigrating and may even be a little resigned to helping at first.. BUT I have to say I think honesty is the best policy! Just tell your boss, this is not a quick fire thing, and hey not to be negative but theres no guarantee you are going to get in! Its a decision you are making about your future - and if your boss is any way decent they will support you in any way they can (just make sure you are clear about what you need from them - if in doubt write the thing yourself and ask them to sign it!) I would be more p*ssed off if I got a weeks notice off someone that had been planning for something for a year or two and kept it from me... remember your boss has to plan too! Whats the worst that can happen??? Employment law stipulates that you cannot be discriminated against for ANY reason...
Good luck to all of you in the same boat... If it was me, I's help ya's!
Emma
Old May 16th 2008, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

chandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant futurechandugitam has a brilliant future

I told my boss that i am studying for CPAA and he was very glad to give the letter.

Old May 22nd 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice

Hey dudes and dudettes

I spoke to my boss today, told him about my plans to apply for a visa, etc.
He was really understanding, wished me all the very best.
He is aware that I will probably not actually emigrate for 2-3 years, and that is quite a long time before it will affect him and the workplace, but he really appreciated the honesty.

PHEW!!
Now, I can take my letter to him for signature without fear of reprisals, and hopefully get the application submitted by the end of the month.

Thanks for all the advice, and for those still unsure, just do it.

Stephen
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stephen284362
Hey dudes and dudettes

He is aware that I will probably not actually emigrate for 2-3 years, and that is quite a long time before it will affect him and the workplace, but he really appreciated the honesty.

PHEW!!
Now, I can take my letter to him for signature without fear of reprisals, and hopefully get the application submitted by the end of the month.

Stephen
Cool, glad you took the plunge and it turned out well

At least you don't have to worry about your boss finding out any other way and they are also in the loop and can plan accordingly when the time comes.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephen284362
Hey dudes and dudettes

PHEW!!

Stephen
Honesty is always best, well done