Letter from Employer for a 175

Old May 14th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice
Default Letter from Employer for a 175

Hey troops

I'm sure this has been asked already, and if so, please direct me to the thread, but I have to obtain a letter from my employer as part of my visa application.
Due to the nature of my employer, I have not told him I am applying for a visa as this would have serious repercusions in my workplace for the remainder of my employment.
So the questions are:
Has anyone else had this experience, and if so, how did you deal with it?
Does the letter have to include salary, or purely work experience?
How much detail would be required?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as this is the final piece of the jigsaw before I apply.

Many thanks

Stephen
Old May 14th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default Re: Letter from Employer for a 175

Originally Posted by stephen284362
Hey troops

I'm sure this has been asked already, and if so, please direct me to the thread, but I have to obtain a letter from my employer as part of my visa application.
Due to the nature of my employer, I have not told him I am applying for a visa as this would have serious repercusions in my workplace for the remainder of my employment.
So the questions are:
Has anyone else had this experience, and if so, how did you deal with it?
Does the letter have to include salary, or purely work experience?
How much detail would be required?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as this is the final piece of the jigsaw before I apply.

Many thanks

Stephen
dont know if i'm going to be of any help.. but i am in similar position as you where i couldn't tell my employer. i had to get employer refs for ACS, and that i wrote very detail references on all major projects done, etc including exact dates. and then get it printed on letterhead & signed by relevant individuals.

as i haven't yet applied for visa i won't know what details need to be included but i would use the same ref i used for ACS, for visa

hope that helps
Old May 14th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

Hi Stephen

Not sure how you're going to get round telling your employer but I'm sure I read that you need to put your salary on it. My DH's employer wrote 2 A4 pages outlining his job descriptions since he joined the company and the salary for each one. He put 5 bullet points for each one describing exactly what his roles were.

He's still in denial that we're actually going to go to Australia so didn't have an issue with doing it. Hopefully he's in for a shock soon!
Old May 14th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...experience.htm

The above link should tell you what you need in the reference. So in answer to your question the reference does need to include your current salary & work experience.

I'm afraid I haven't had the same experience as I just went ahead and told my employer (admittedly a worry at the time). I believe there are threads on a similar topic if you do a search. I'm still waiting to hear back from the ACS so just compiling the visa information at the moment too.

Cheers
Old May 14th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

stephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nicestephen284362 is just really nice

Thanks for the prompt responses.

I guess I am going to have to just bite the bullet and tell the boss!!

Stephen
Old May 14th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephen284362
Thanks for the prompt responses.

I guess I am going to have to just bite the bullet and tell the boss!!

Stephen

Good Luck, I was feeling the same and bit the bullit and my boss was really good about it surprisingly, did my reference and a copy job description for me. Had a month after where things were abit frosty but bearable, but things have been great again for ages. You will be surprised, Its not nice I know but your boss cant hold a grudge or discriminate just because you want to improve your life. Just think visa and get stuck in.

Good Luck
Old May 14th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

I just played it down when I asked for my reference. I said it was something I was thinking of doing in a couple of years and that the process could take anything upto 12 months and that whilst I had the points to apply now I wanted to do it.
Little does he know I will be straight out the door once I get it!!! haha!

Good luck! You may be surprised at the response from your boss.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BroomeChick
I just played it down when I asked for my reference. I said it was something I was thinking of doing in a couple of years and that the process could take anything upto 12 months and that whilst I had the points to apply now I wanted to do it.
Little does he know I will be straight out the door once I get it!!! haha!

Good luck! You may be surprised at the response from your boss.
LOL you brave people! I will not tell mine until the day I hand in my resignatioN! can't wait!!
Old May 15th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I said I was thinking about going over for a few months and whilst I was there I was thinking of working for the same company my Uncle works for, and they required a reference.

It's the truth... apart from I'm not planning on returning after the "few months".
Old May 15th 2008, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

fredabloggs is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for the NHS and I just asked the Human Resources dept and asked them to keep it confidential from my direct manager. Are you able to do that?

Freda
Old May 15th 2008, 7:10 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

I'm a bit worried now as I really really don't want to tell my boss!

I have some references I got recently from different Headteachers I work for when i applied for my job as a permanent contract and I attached a certified copy of my contract which details salary and start date etc. Just hope it will be enough. If not CO can have anything they ask for!
Old May 16th 2008, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

I joined my current employer in June 2006. Should I attach ALL monthly payslips from June06 to present? Or would "samples" be enough, say payslips for a 3-6 month-period?
Old May 16th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jpen29
I joined my current employer in June 2006. Should I attach ALL monthly payslips from June06 to present? Or would "samples" be enough, say payslips for a 3-6 month-period?
I just sent P60s
Old May 16th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Yeah me too, I sent P60's for the last 6 years plus my last payslip from my current company. Hopefully it's enough.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kryptonix
Yeah me too, I sent P60's for the last 6 years plus my last payslip from my current company. Hopefully it's enough.
I sent 3 payslips spread out over the last 12 months and P60.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.