" Last remaining Relative

Old May 31st 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

ASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura about
Smile " Last remaining Relative

Hi All ,
Some advice please!!!
we are hoping to move to Victoria in july 07, Im on a 136 visa as are my wife and kids, Problem is , my son has been a police officer for the last year and after his probation (another year) he would like to come and join us. Would he be able to apply as a last remaining relative? I feel it may be problematic as he is completely independant from us, or would his best chance be applying to the relevant ploice authority? any advice please , a long wat off I know but we need to progress this. In anticipation Thanks
Old May 31st 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Last remaining Relative

Originally Posted by ASTROGAZ
Hi All ,
Some advice please!!!
we are hoping to move to Victoria in july 07, Im on a 136 visa as are my wife and kids, Problem is , my son has been a police officer for the last year and after his probation (another year) he would like to come and join us. Would he be able to apply as a last remaining relative? I feel it may be problematic as he is completely independant from us, or would his best chance be applying to the relevant ploice authority? any advice please , a long wat off I know but we need to progress this. In anticipation Thanks
I take he has no other relatives left in UK then?
Could look at Police recruitment drives, South Aus would be a possibility, not sure that Vic are on the look out for new recruits?
Think you need to have been in Aus for a reasonable amount of time before you can get him over as last remaining relative, but someone more in the know will possibly confirm/deny this!
Good luck with what ever the outcome is
Old Jun 1st 2006, 12:37 pm
Jessica Stooke

Hello,

Your son may be a last remaining relative if you, your wife and your
children are his only immediate family? If he is in a relationship his
spouse must also meet the "last remaining relative" requirements.

You will need to be "settled" in Australia before you can sponsor his
application. Usually, you will need to be in Australia for 2 years to
be deemed "settled".

In the meantime, if your son is under 30 he may be able to get a
working holiday maker visa, or as the previous post explained, obtain a
visa sponsored by a police force in Australia.

If you would like a comprehensive initial assessment please don't
hesitate to email me.

Best of luck!

--

--

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old Jun 1st 2006, 12:50 pm
Jessica Stooke

You may also be interested in this media release from Amanda Vanstone's
office, relating to the recruitment of UK Police Officers --
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...a06/v06123.htm

--

--

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

ASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura aboutASTROGAZ has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: " Last remaining Relative

Originally Posted by Jessica Stooke
You may also be interested in this media release from Amanda Vanstone's
office, relating to the recruitment of UK Police Officers --
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...a06/v06123.htm

--

--

Jessica Thank you for your help, you guys are invaluable!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:37 am
Just Joined

lynn59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: " Last remaining Relative

Originally Posted by ASTROGAZ
Hi All ,
Some advice please!!!
hi i to am moving to victoria as soon as i have sold my house, we are going to a place called geelong, my friends moved out there at easter ,i also have the same problem as you i will be leaving my 28 yr old daughter and 2 young granchildren this is hurting me alot amd keep thinking am i doing the right thing as she relies on me 24-7 but my agent told me that as soon as we set foot on aussi soil we can then apply for her,but reading the threads i am not sure so will have to check again .good luck lynn
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynn59
hi i to am moving to victoria as soon as i have sold my house, we are going to a place called geelong, my friends moved out there at easter ,i also have the same problem as you i will be leaving my 28 yr old daughter and 2 young granchildren this is hurting me alot amd keep thinking am i doing the right thing as she relies on me 24-7 but my agent told me that as soon as we set foot on aussi soil we can then apply for her,but reading the threads i am not sure so will have to check again .good luck lynn

You don't say what visa you are thinking about but if it's remaining relative there is a "settlement" requirement (normally 2 years) to sponsor, plus a mandatory assurance of support (also needs 2 years residence, although someone else can do this).

Take a look at booklet 4:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books_migrate.htm

Is there another parent with parental rights over the grandchildren? If so, either consent from that parent or a court order will be needed in due course.