AT LAST

Old May 7th 2012, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Kim75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AT LAST

:AFTER TALKING TO MY 16 YEAR OLD AND TELLING A FEW TRUTHS ABOUT LIVING IN UK. HE HAS FINALY COME AROUND TO MOVING ABROAD GAVE HI THE OPTIONS AND AUSTRALIA ONE LOL SO NOW GOT TO START GETTING SORTED SO NOW HOW DO I START ORGANISING EVERYTHING TO GET A VISA
Old May 7th 2012, 1:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AT LAST

First off you can take caps lock off as it looks as though you're shouting at us.

Secondly I'm not 100% sure if you're here or somewhere else, whether you've done anything about ascertaining if you're qualified to apply for a visa so I would start with the DIAC website and down on the left hand side there is a visa wizard - run that and see what your options are..

Edit: I'm also not sure what you mean about the 'truth of living in the UK'. Living in Aus is no different from the UK other than climate and for some people the climate is not worth the move. Jobs are just as hard to find, costs of everything is just as high, governments are just as crap etc etc. I love it here but I also love the UK and am under no illusions that things are any better here.

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 7th 2012 at 1:20 pm.
Old May 7th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold

I think need to slow down. At the end of March you were talking about Canada, now you're talking about Australia.

You also describe your husband as an Engineer in one thread, and a fabricator/welder in another. In either of these countries, these are not the same thing.

In most of the popular countries that expat's choose to emigrate to, to be classed/called an Engineer you need to have a degree.

Emigrating is not a quick thing to do, you need to be assessed for your skills, you need to make sure you have saved enough funds to see you through the rough, and you need to get the right visa.

Lastly, you need to make sure that you are emigrating for the right reasons. If you want emigrate to live somewhere different, meet new cultures, and see some of the rest of the world, go for it. If you want emigrate to get away from the UK, you might as well just forget it.

These words may seem harsh, but if you heed the advice given here, you will also find people very helpful.

Old May 7th 2012, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
First off you can take caps lock off as it looks as though you're shouting at us.

Secondly I'm not 100% sure if you're here or somewhere else, whether you've done anything about ascertaining if you're qualified to apply for a visa so I would start with the DIAC website and down on the left hand side there is a visa wizard - run that and see what your options are..

Edit: I'm also not sure what you mean about the 'truth of living in the UK'. Living in Aus is no different from the UK other than climate and for some people the climate is not worth the move. Jobs are just as hard to find, costs of everything is just as high, governments are just as crap etc etc. I love it here but I also love the UK and am under no illusions that things are any better here.
Hi sorry kept taking of my little one kept putting it on. Again so gave up. Thanks for your help.
Old May 7th 2012, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Reaver
I think need to slow down. At the end of March you were talking about Canada, now you're talking about Australia.

You also describe your husband as an Engineer in one thread, and a fabricator/welder in another. In either of these countries, these are not the same thing.

In most of the popular countries that expat's choose to emigrate to, to be classed/called an Engineer you need to have a degree.

Emigrating is not a quick thing to do, you need to be assessed for your skills, you need to make sure you have saved enough funds to see you through the rough, and you need to get the right visa.

Lastly, you need to make sure that you are emigrating for the right reasons. If you want emigrate to live somewhere different, meet new cultures, and see some of the rest of the world, go for it. If you want emigrate to get away from the UK, you might as well just forget it.

These words may seem harsh, but if you heed the advice given here, you will also find people very helpful.

Hi thanks was thinking of moving to Canada but my 16 year old wants to move to oz. I keep thinking there the same thing my fault I now know there not. He is a machinest/welder. Not engineer. I will take your advice.
Old May 7th 2012, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kim75
was thinking of moving to Canada but my 16 year old wants to move to oz
I think Australia is a slightly easier option as far as emigrating goes, but be sure to choose Aus because that's where you want to be, rather than a 16 y/o deciding for you because what they THINK they know......