Just a stupid question

Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

zionking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just a stupid question

my student visa expires 31/1 - already applied for 886 online onshore,

I kinda want to go back to UK and visit back my old college for a closure (long story),

so nutshell = here comes stupid question,

I can still travel in and out of Australia freely till 31/1 right?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just a stupid question

i think you need to issue bridging B visa because you have already put onshore file.
Originally Posted by zionking
my student visa expires 31/1 - already applied for 886 online onshore,

I kinda want to go back to UK and visit back my old college for a closure (long story),

so nutshell = here comes stupid question,

I can still travel in and out of Australia freely till 31/1 right?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:26 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

In theory you can use your student visa for multiple entries up until it expires though I've seen raised the query on whether you would be seen to be using the visa not for what it was intended to be used for.

As unlikely as it may be that you could get refused for attempting to re-enter on your student visa, why not approach DIAC re getting a Bridging B activated earlier if possible and then you would at least have less of a restriction on when you had to return by, could be that the BB may even kick in as soon as the student visa expires even if out of the country and DIAC should be able to confirm on that.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
In theory you can use your student visa for multiple entries up until it expires though I've seen raised the query on whether you would be seen to be using the visa not for what it was intended to be used for.
What do you mean by that?

How is making a trip home "using the visa not for what it was intended for".
Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:40 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

What do you mean by that?

How is making a trip home "using the visa not for what it was intended for".
...................[My quote box link ain't working]

Of course you can depart the country on a student visa and I'd suspect there'd be no queries for any re-entry after doing so if between semesters or coming back for a graduation ceremony [an extension even possible for that].

But I've seen a RMA make a reference to once study is over, a re-entry could possibly be construed as not using a student visa for its intent, ie. to come to study.