Is it just me who is bricking it?

Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:55 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Is it just me who is bricking it? - DIMIA re-shuffle

It can't help, despite what it says under my avatar . being twitchy about the reorganisation at Adelaide.

George Lombard is great at letting us all know up to date events :

"We understand that the UK caseload is now being shared equally between all the regions of the ASPC, and therefore as new case officers come to terms with that caseload it's taking longer for assessments to be made and final processing requests to be issued. Obviously there's a backlog but we're now seeing final processing requests for applications lodged in March and April. But one minor frustration is that UK applicants will now be allocated between the regions and therefore there'll be four or five different queues, depending on how many regions there are when the reorganisation is complete.

I guess this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but we're sure things will move more quickly between now and next July, once the reorganisation beds down...

Cheers,

George Lombard"

but I keep thinking back to last years preJuly debacle and wondering what is going to happen here. I guess if your application was nearly due anyway it shouldn't make too much difference but my application went in the middle of June so, theoretically, must have got caught up in the big muddle!! Panic!!!

Anne

Last edited by Anne4Terry; Jul 26th 2005 at 10:45 am.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:07 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it just me who is bricking it?

No, you're not the only one Anne.....
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
No, you're not the only one Anne.....
I'm sure yours should be fine Bridie as yours must be nearly complete before the re-shuffle anyway. I expect to see you Got It by the end of next week

Luck xx
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:22 am

Ah, thanks Anne, I'd settle for our police checks to be requested by the end of the week, at least then we'll know where we're at.

For sale sign gone up this morning, feel physically sick..!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:44 am

Ah, thanks Anne, I'd settle for our police checks to be requested by the end of the week, at least then we'll know where we're at.

For sale sign gone up this morning, feel physically sick..!
The trouble with ours is all the knock on effects it could have. We were originally going to apply as 138 sponsored then general plumbers came on the MODL and our agent advised us to go down that route. If there is a big backlog then what happens if general plumbers are taken off the MODL before we get our visa? By that time Terry will be 45 so does that mean we would be completely scuppered?

:scared:
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:00 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it just me who is bricking it? - DIMIA re-shuffle

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
It can't help, despite what it says under my avatar . being twitchy about the reorganisation at Adelaide.

"We understand that the UK caseload is now being shared equally between all the regions of the ASPC, and therefore as new case officers come to terms with that caseload it's taking longer for assessments to be made and final processing requests to be issued. Obviously there's a backlog but we're now seeing final processing requests for applications lodged in March and April. But one minor frustration is that UK applicants will now be allocated between the regions and therefore there'll be four or five different queues, depending on how many regions there are when the reorganisation is complete.

I guess this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but we're sure things will move more quickly between now and next July, once the reorganisation beds down...

Cheers,

George Lombard"

but I keep thinking back to last years preJuly debacle and wondering what is going to happen here. I guess if your application was nearly due anyway it shouldn't make too much difference but my application went in the middle of June so, theoretically, must have got caught up in the big muddle!! Panic!!!

Anne
Hi Anne
Our application was acknowledged on 20 June as well so we're in the same boat as you. Now officially bricking it!!!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by The A Team
Hi Anne
Our application was acknowledged on 20 June as well so we're in the same boat as you. Now officially bricking it!!!
GULP!!! Ours acknowledged at the beginning of July!

We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Gav
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry

Cheers,

George Lombard"

Anne
One thing I say to people in my job (psychiatry) is there is no mileage in worrying over things you have no control over. None of us have any control over the visa applications, si I guess we just have to get on with our lives and its a bonus if the visa comes sooner rather than later.

Georges post wasnt that pessimistic!

Chin up, wheres the British stiff upper lip??

Paul
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by paulb
One thing I say to people in my job (psychiatry) is there is no mileage in worrying over things you have no control over. None of us have any control over the visa applications, si I guess we just have to get on with our lives and its a bonus if the visa comes sooner rather than later.

Paul
You sound just like Malc!

You are talking sense but I do find it hard to stop worrying..... trying to get better though!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:27 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
Very true, but easier said than done!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

I am no expert and I am a real worrier, but if I were you I really wouldn't worry, for 2 reasons......

George Lombard wrote that things should speed up once the reorganization has had time to bed in.... I am sure that it isn't going to take forever.

They are bound to deal with applications in chronological order

Also if plumbers have gone on the MODL they won't be off again in a couple of months, more like a couple of years, and if you haven't got your visa by that time then I would worry (LOL)

We are just waiting for our visa grant, 13 weeks since lodged (MODL) medicals and pcc front loaded so we are also in your position.

Try not to worry and think logically...... I can't believe that that is me giving that advice. I am the first to panic but in this situation patience is a virtue.

sending you some karma
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bex 66
I am no expert and I am a real worrier, but if I were you I really wouldn't worry, for 2 reasons......

George Lombard wrote that things should speed up once the reorganization has had time to bed in.... I am sure that it isn't going to take forever.

Also if plumbers have gone on the MODL they won't be off again in a couple of months, more like a couple of years, and if you haven't got your visa by that time then I would worry (LOL)

We are just waiting for our visa grant, 13 weeks since lodged (MODL) medicals and pcc front loaded so we are also in your position.

Try not to worry and think logically...... I can't believe that that is me giving that advice. I am the first to panic but in this situation patience is a virtue.

sending you some karma
I agree.

We are 13 weeks since acknowledgement on this Friday (29th)

Paul
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:45 am
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by bex 66

sending you some karma
You're right of course I feel a bit calmer now. Just wish we had more than one viewing for the house booked for this week..........I shall worry about that instead lol!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:46 am

I agree.

We are 13 weeks since acknowledgement on this Friday (29th)

Paul
We're 16 weeks tomorrow since application lodged.......!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:49 am
cheeky tart

We're 16 weeks tomorrow since application lodged.......!
.............not long now then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.