Just a general 457 waiting period thread

Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:05 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Just a general 457 waiting period thread

Hey guys, just wondering how long it took each of you from the day you or your Agent / Lawyer put in the application to actually get the visa approved or not....I hear different things all the time....we have put in my application 8 months ago and (apparently) it hasnt been processed yet.....

At this stage Im trying to find out who my Case Officer is as Im sick of waiting for my Lawyer (not) to get in touch.

How frustrating can it get ??? I have been doing this job for 12 months now on a Bridging Visa....ridiculous.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Rob D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just a general 457 waiting period thread

So your still having trouble with your visa? Mine got issued this morning and it was lodged on 20 March, so a little over 4 weeks.

Go into the immigration website and find the general enquiries number and ask them where the visa is being processed, they will then put you through to the office and then you'll be able to find out the status of the visa and what the hold up is.

Also, i'm not sure you can actually work on a bridging visa, so i'd keep that one quiet.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

terri11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Just a general 457 waiting period thread

just wondering what visa have you got so far?holding 457 visa or applied for 856 PR?

it take at most 8 weeks to processing 457.

it take average 7 months to processing 856,dont be afraid just make call to case manager ,
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rob D
So your still having trouble with your visa? Mine got issued this morning and it was lodged on 20 March, so a little over 4 weeks.

Go into the immigration website and find the general enquiries number and ask them where the visa is being processed, they will then put you through to the office and then you'll be able to find out the status of the visa and what the hold up is.

Also, i'm not sure you can actually work on a bridging visa, so i'd keep that one quiet.
Congrats RobD!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Hey guys, just wondering how long it took each of you from the day you or your Agent / Lawyer put in the application to actually get the visa approved or not....I hear different things all the time....we have put in my application 8 months ago and (apparently) it hasnt been processed yet.....

At this stage Im trying to find out who my Case Officer is as Im sick of waiting for my Lawyer (not) to get in touch.

How frustrating can it get ??? I have been doing this job for 12 months now on a Bridging Visa....ridiculous.
Ours took 13 days, so there appears to be huge variation on processng times....it will come through though, its just a matter of time
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mollymoo
Ours took 13 days, so there appears to be huge variation on processng times....it will come through though, its just a matter of time
Hi
Can I just ask what people put for the question "what date visa required?"
Jill
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:38 pm
I'd rather be climbing

mkargo is on a distinguished road

Mine took just under a month from me filling in the online form to getting the email to say it had been granted. I put in my application around March 20th and said I needed it for April 1st. Contract has already started, but now I'm waiting for the passport to come back...
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mkargo
Mine took just under a month from me filling in the online form to getting the email to say it had been granted. I put in my application around March 20th and said I needed it for April 1st. Contract has already started, but now I'm waiting for the passport to come back...
Thanks for your reply

I am regretting putting July1st on mine now. I was meaning that I wanted to fly out of the UK july 1st to start work mid July.
I need to give a months notice but dont want to hand it in until my visa is definitely granted.
I am curious to know what other people put as the date they needed their visa and the actual date they got it.
Thanks
Jill
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BrynJill
Thanks for your reply

I am regretting putting July1st on mine now. I was meaning that I wanted to fly out of the UK july 1st to start work mid July.
I need to give a months notice but dont want to hand it in until my visa is definitely granted.
I am curious to know what other people put as the date they needed their visa and the actual date they got it.
Thanks
Jill

Put 22nd April on mine and got it on 22nd April.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Put 22nd April on mine and got it on 22nd April.
Does that mean I wont get mine until July 1st because thats the date I put!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BrynJill
Does that mean I wont get mine until July 1st because thats the date I put!
not necessarily, it would be worth calling the immigration office where you're visa is being processed as they would be able to tell you their processing times. They are all different, i.e. Sydney is about a week, Hobart could be a few days and Perth is a 3 months!! obviously this does depend on when x-rays/medicals were done.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:55 am
I'd rather be climbing

mkargo is on a distinguished road

not necessarily, it would be worth calling the immigration office where you're visa is being processed as they would be able to tell you their processing times. They are all different, i.e. Sydney is about a week, Hobart could be a few days and Perth is a 3 months!! obviously this does depend on when x-rays/medicals were done.
Perth *says* three months when you get the automated response, I was worried I'd be out of work here for another three months, but in the end I was lucky and it went through a lot quicker than that.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mkargo
Perth *says* three months when you get the automated response, I was worried I'd be out of work here for another three months, but in the end I was lucky and it went through a lot quicker than that.
Thanks for your replies

I think the only way to reassure myself is to get in touch with the office.

I lodged 8 weeks ago now with the Brisbane office. My meds were received and finalised on 12/04/08.

Jill
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:09 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting........tbc